ASSOCIATE EDITORPosition: Regular, Full-Time Department: Editorial Location: Berkeley, Calif. Job Requirements: The ideal candidate will have an interest in Internet publishing, a passion for soccer and broad knowledge of the game. Among the qualities this candidate will have are:
- Creativity in writing and editing;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Strong planning skills;
- Strong copy editing skills (including headline and cutline writing and rewriting on deadline);
- Excellent editorial judgment;
- Three or more years of journalism experience (deadline experience preferred);
- Excellent computer skills.
Job Description: The Associate Editor will be responsible for aspects of the editorial planning and production of socceramerica.com, including:
- Developing coverage plans,
- Working with a staff of writers and free-lance contributors assigning stories and editing them on deadline;
- Pulling photos, writing headlines and cutlines;
- Rewriting on deadline;
- Writing stories as assigned;
- Developing and working on interactive features;
- Maintaining home page and other sections on a daily basis.
To apply: Write Soccer America, Associate Editor Search, PO Box 23704, Oakland CA 94623 or e-mail text (no attachments or urls) to email@example.com.