-- Despite playing the last 49 minutes with 10 players, George Mason beat No. 3 Maryland, 2-0, before 2,781 fans. Victor Freeman scored the first goal and redirected the ball for Draymond Washington to head home for the second goal. The Patriots, who had not beaten Maryland since 2001, lost midfielder Ryan Gracia to a red card in the 41st minute.
-- Evan James, Jennings Rex and Owen Darby scored to give visiting Charlotte a 3-1 win over Wake Forest, snapping the Demon Deacons' 46-game unbeaten streak against non-conference opponents. "This was a tremendous result," said Charlotte coach Jeremy Gunn. "We played great soccer tonight and we showed people what we are capable of as a soccer program. Wake Forest has been one of the bench mark programs in college soccer.
-- Freshman Emery Welshman scored his first collegiate goal in the 10th minute to give Siena a 1-0 win over Boston College for its first victory ever over an ACC team.
* LEADING GOAL SCORERS:
1. Andrew Bulls, UMBC 12
2. Matthew Skonicki, Winthrop 8
2. Saeed Sulemana Baba, Western Michigan 8
2. Chris Cutshaw, Bradley 8
2. Matt Eliason, Northwestern 8
2. Andrew Wiedeman, California 8
2. J.C. Banks, Green Bay 8
2. Levi Houapeu, UMBC 8
(Through games played Sept. 27.)
* MILESTONE. Sam Koch won his 200th game as Massachusetts head coach Tuesday when the Minutemen improved their unbeaten streak to five games with a 3-0 win over Colgate. Koch's record now stands at 200-133-36 in 19 seasons at UMass. He was 58-53-16 in six seasons at Stanford. (VIDEO: UMass-Colgate highlights)