WOMEN'S NEWS ...The 2008 women's conference tournament season kicks off on Thursday with first-round games in three conferences. The highlight is a pair of 4-5 matchups in the Big East: Villanova, the No. 4 seed from the National Division, hosts Connecticut, the No. 5 seed from the American Division, and South Florida, the No. 4 seed from the American Division, is at home against DePaul, the No. 5 seed from the National Division. At least one win in the Big East Tournament may be necessary for them to maintain their NCAA Tournament hopes. Villanova, Connecticut and DePaul all have wins over teams in this week's Soccer America Women's Top 25.
Villanova(11-4-4) Wildcats have scored only one goal in their last four games.
Connecticut (10-7-1) Last year Huskies failed to make NCAA Tournament for first time in 27 years.
South Florida (8-7-3) All seven Bulls losses have been by one-goal margins.
DePaul (10-8-2) Blue Demons are making first appearance in Big East Tournament.
Conference Tournament Scoreboard
* HAGEN STREAK ENDS. Sophomore Sarah Hagen's nine-game goal scoring streak came to an end when she didn't score in Wisconsin-Milwaukee's 4-1 over Wisconsin-Green Bay Monday in their makeup game. Hagen assisted on Kate Megna's goal. Megna also added an assist to give her 15, the most in the country.
Women's Player of the Week: Danielle Foxhoven (Portland)
Women's Team of the Week
* LEADING GOAL SCORERS:
1. Danielle Foxhoven, Portland 21
1. Morgan Marlborough, Nebraska 21
3. Sarah Hagen, Milwaukee 19
3. Kelley O'Hara, Stanford 19
5. Jessica Fuccello, Penn 16
5. Britany Curry, Texas State 16
7. Sydney Leroux, UCLA 15
7. Christen Press, Stanford 15
7. Whitney Palmer, Oklahoma 15