Since the start of postseason play, junior transfer Ben Hunter has accounted for every goal North Carolina has scored. Hunter, an Englishman who played his first two years at NAIA school Rio Grande, has seven goals in the ACC Tournament and NCAA Tournament after scoring only six goals in the regular season. All seven goals have come from the 56th to 73rd minute with three of them coming in the 61st minute.
North Carolina 1 N.C. State 0 (ACC quarterfinals)
1. Hunter, free kick from 25 yards, 61
North Carolina 2 Clemson 0 (ACC semifinals)
1. Hunter, shot off scramble from 12 yards, 55
2. Hunter, rebound off save, 73.
North Carolina 2 Providence 0 (NCAA D1 second round)
1. Hunter, header off corner kick, 56
2. Hunter, shot from 5 yards, 61
North Carolina 2 Virginia 1 (NCAA D1 third round)
1. Hunter, free kick from 22 yards, 61
2. Hunter, tap-in off cross from 5 yards, 63
(Note: North Carolina beat Duke in a shootout after they played to a 0-0 tie in the ACC final.)