[OFF THE POST] Two students playing soccer in the hallway of a Virginia high school are being blamed for causing $150,000 worth of damage.
Arlington Public Schools facilities manager Steve Larson told the Washington Examiner that the ball hit a fire-safety sprinkler. The water poured into the hallway and beneath the floor of the nearby gymnasium.
"The gym was damaged badly because the sprinkler went off and the process of shutting the sprinkler down involved the fire department," Larson said.
The school's insurance company claims there was "negligence" on the part of the students and wants payment from at least one of the families of the two students involved.
An Arlington County Fire Department official said the sprinklers could been have turned off before the fire department arrived.