[MLS] With new negotiating parameters and player classifications set to kick in next month with the advent of a Re-Entry Draft, expansion teams Vancouver and Portland will each select up 10 players in the Expansion Draft on Wednesday (streamed on MLSsoccer.com beginning at 1:45 p.m. ET). Here's a mock draft of what the two newest MLS members could do ...
The rules are similar to those used in past drafts: The expansion teams will alternate selections – Portland will go first – and each team can initially protect 11 players. Generation adidas players and homegrown players do not need to be protected. Once a player is taken, his former team can protect one additional player, and no team can lose more than two.
RIDGE MAHONEY'S MOCK DRAFT
1. Portland – Nathan Sturgis (Seattle).
2. Vancouver – Dax McCarty (FC Dallas).
3. Portland – Eric Brunner (Columbus).
4. Vancouver – O’Brian White (Toronto FC).
5. Portland – Corey Ashe (Houston).
6. Vancouver – Birahim Diop (Kansas City).
7. Portland – Robbie Russell (Real Salt Lake).
8. Vancouver – Dasan Robinson (Chicago).
9. Portland – Chris Leitch (San Jose).
10. Vancouver – Andrew Jacobson (D.C. United).
11. Portland – Anthony Wallace (Colorado).
12. Vancouver – Roger Levesque (Seattle).
13. Portland – Josh Saunders (Los Angeles)
14. Vancouver – Chris Schuler (RSL)
15. Portland – Fred (Philadelphia)
16. Vancouver – Marcelo Saragosa (Chivas USA)
17. Portland – Ibrahim Salou (New York)
18. Vancouver – Shavar Thomas (Kansas City)
19. Portland – Bryan Jordan (Los Angeles)
20. Vancouver – Greg Sutton (New York)
For the entire list of available players, click HERE