[MLS GOLEADORES] Charlie Davies scored his fifth goal of the season for D.C. United, striking early in his first start of the MLS season in a 3-0 win at Toronto FC. For the latest Golden Boot race tally ...
* Portland's two games -- 4-2 win over Chicago and 3-2 win over FC Dallas --produced more than 40 percent of the goals scored in Week 5. The Timbers' games averaged 5.5 goals, while the other eight games produced an average of only 1.75 goals.
* Colombia David Ferreira scored his third goal for FC Dallas late in its 3-2 loss at Portland.
* Thierry Henry ended his 684-minute scoring drought with the last goal in New York's 3-0 win over San Jose.
* Englishman Luke Rodgers (New York), Colombian Jorge Perlaza (Portland) and American Chris Pontius (D.C. United) were the only players with two goals in a game.
* After Week 5, MLS's goals per average is 2.47. Last season ended with a 2.46 goals per game average.
MLS LEADING SCORERS:
|Charlie Davies||D.C. United||5||0|
|David Ferreira||FC Dallas||3||1|
|Teal Bunbury||Sporting KC||3||0|