[MLS GOLEADORES] Will Bruinstruck thrice for Houston in a 4-1 win over D.C. United and another rookie, No. 1 pick Omar Salgado, scored his first MLS goal. For an update on the MLS scoring race ...
* As the Houston Chronicle's headline put it, "Bruin bears scoring load." Rookie forward Will Bruin, a St. Louis product who scored 33 goals in three seasons at Indiana University, hit a hat trick for the Houston Dynamo in a 4-1 win over D.C. United.
* Columbus Crew striker Emilio Renteria scored both goals in a 2-1 win over Vancouver. The 26-year-old Venezuelan said that the game-winning strike was the first left-footed goal of his pro career.
* Vancouver's goal came from Omar Salgado, marking the first goal for the 17-year-old who was the No. 1 pick overall in the 2011 MLS SuperDraft.
* As Seattle copes with the loss to injuries of strikers Steve Zakuani and O'Brian White, midfielder Brad Evans scored twice and notched an assist in the Sounders' 3-0 win over Toronto FC. Evans scored just once last season.
* Philadelphia's Sebastien Le Toux, who scored 14 goals last season, scored his first of 2011 -- a gamewinner from the penalty spot in a 1-0 victory over San Jose.
* After Week 7, MLS's goals per average is 2.52. Last season ended with a 2.46 goals per game average.
MLS Leading Scorers
|Charlie Davies||D.C. United||5||0|
|Thierry Henry||New York||3||3|
|Kei Kamara||Sporting KC||3||2|
|Alejandro Moreno||Chivas USA||3||2|
|Teal Bunbury ||Sporting KC||3||1|
|Landon Donovan||Los Angeles||3||1|
|David Ferreira||FC Dallas||3||1|
|Shalrie Joseph||New England||3||1|
|Chris Wondolowski||San Jose||3||1|
|Luke Rodgers||New York||3||0|