[MLS GOLEADORES] Week 26 averaged three goals per game. Among the key marksmen were Charlie Davies, who hit a hat trick for D.C. United and moves into third among leading scorers, San Jose's Chris Wondolowski, last year's Golden Boot winner, and Landon Donovan, who caught up with the Red Bulls' Thierry Henry at the top. For video of Davies' hat trick and the latest on the Golden Boot race ...
* Chris Wondolowski, who led MLS in scoring last season with 18 goals, scored his 10th goal of the season to help San Jose break a 13-game winless streak with a 2-0 victory over Chicago. He scored the opening goal and assisted Ramiro Corrales on the Quakes' second.
* Wondolowski's 10 goals puts him two behind leaders Landon Donovanand Thierry Henry.Donovan rejoined the Frenchman at the top of the Golden Boot race when he notched his 12th of the season in a 1-0 win over defending champ Colorado.
* D.C. United's Charlie Davies, who hadn't hit the net since June 25, scored a hat trick in a 3-0 win over Chivas USA that upped his total to 11.
* Thirty goals were scored in Week 26's 10 games for a goals-per-game average of 3.0. The week's action included a scoreless tie between Portland and Philadelphia, but there were fireworks in Philly's midweek game, a 4-4 tie with visiting New England, and in Columbus, which fell, 4-2, to Toronto.
* MLS's leaguewide goals-per-game average, which had for most of the 2011 season been below the all-time lowest full-season mark of the 2.46 (in 2010), has risen to 2.56. MLS's second-lowest scoring year was the 2009 season, which ended at 2.54.
* Sporting Kansas City and the Seattle Sounders, with 43 goals, are MLS's highest scoring teams.
* MLS Leading Scorers
|Thierry Henry||New York||12||4|
|Landon Donovan||Los Angeles||12||3|
|Charlie Davies||D.C. United||11||1|
|Brek Shea||FC Dallas||10||3|
|Chris Wondolowski||San Jose||10||3|
|Dwayne De Rosario||D.C. United||9||10|
|Kei Kamara||Kansas City||8||3|
|Omar Bravo||Kansas City||8||2|
Charlie Davie's hat trick vs. Chivas USA ...