Join Now | 
HomeAboutContact UsPrivacy & SecurityAdvertise
Soccer America DailySpecial EditionAround The NetSoccer Business InsiderCollege Soccer ReporterYouth Soccer ReporterSoccer on TVSoccer America Classifieds
Paul Gardner: SoccerTalkSoccer America ConfidentialYouth Soccer InsiderWorld Cup Watch
RSS FeedsArchivesManage SubscriptionsSubscribe
Order Current IssueSubscribeManage My SubscriptionRenew My SubscriptionGift Subscription
My AccountJoin Now
Tournament CalendarCamps & AcademiesSoccer GlossaryClassifieds
Stuart Holden sidelined again
AP, September 28th, 2011 2:19PM

MOST READ

MOST COMMENTED

A follow-up surgery on the knee injury suffered U.S. and Bolton midfielder Stuart Holden six months ago will knock him out of action yet again.

He needed 26 stitches and months of rehabilitation to recover from a challenge by Manchester United defender Jonny Evans in March, and returned last week in a League Cup match against Aston Villa. He will miss another six weeks to recover from the follow-up procedure.

“It was looking likely that the operation could be scheduled for next summer, but after follow-up consultations with the specialists we have brought the date forward,” manager Owen Coyle said on the club website.

On his Twitter account, Holden said, “Obviously I’m disappointed as I’ve worked so hard the last 6 months, but in the grand scale of things it’s only a minor blip."

Read the original story...


No comments yet.

Sign in to leave a comment. Don't have an account? Join Now




AUTHORS

ARCHIVES
FOLLOW SOCCERAMERICA

Recent Section 2 Around the Net
Orlando City Signs Shea     
New MLS club Orlando City on Friday announced the signing of U.S. national team midfielder Brek ...
Report: Juve Eyes January Move for Falcao     
According to Italian soccer site Calciomercato, Manchester United may consider getting second-choice striker Radamel Falcao's huge ...
Reus Fined $665K for Driving without a License    
Borussia Dortmund forward Marco Reus has been handed one of the biggest driving fines in German ...
Balotelli Receives One-Game Ban, Fine for Instagram Post    
Mario Balotelli received a one game ban and a fine of 25,000 pounds after being found ...
Robbie Rogers: FIFA 'Insane' to Host World Cup in Russia, Qatar    
LA Galaxy left back Robbie Rogers has spoken out about FIFA's decision to stage the next ...
FIFA to Publish World Cup Corruption Report    
FIFA's executive committee on Friday agreed unanimously to publish Michael Garcia's report into the bidding process ...
FIFA: Qatar Needs Labor Reform to Keep 2022 World Cup    
FIFA executive committee member Theo Zwanziger on Tuesday indicated that 2022 World Cup host Qatar must ...
CWC: Auckland City the 'Winner,' but San Lorenzo Progresses     
Real Madrid's will face San Lorenzo of Argentina in Saturday's Club World Cup final after the ...
Di Maria Beats Messi, Aguero to Argentina's Player of the Year    
Manchester United winger Angel Di Maria has beaten Lionel Messi and Sergio Aguero to Argentina's player ...
League Cup: Rodgers Defends Sterling as Reds March On     
Following Liverpool's 3-1 League Cup quarterfinal win at Bournemouth, Coach Brendan Rodgers defended two-goal hero Raheem ...
>> Section 2 Around the Net Archives