Join Now | 
HomeAboutContact UsPrivacy & SecurityAdvertise
Soccer America DailySpecial EditionAround The NetSoccer Business InsiderCollege Soccer ReporterYouth Soccer ReporterSoccer on TVSoccer America Classifieds
Paul Gardner: SoccerTalkSoccer America ConfidentialYouth Soccer InsiderWorld Cup Watch
RSS FeedsArchivesManage SubscriptionsSubscribe
Order Current IssueSubscribeManage My SubscriptionRenew My SubscriptionGift Subscription
My AccountJoin Now
Tournament CalendarCamps & AcademiesSoccer GlossaryClassifieds
Earthquakes stadium hopes boosted
San Jose Mercury News, December 15th, 2011 5:14PM

MOST READ

MOST COMMENTED

"We're closer than we've ever been," San Jose Earthquakes president Dave Kaval on the team's new stadium quest after the city of San Jose approved a permit needed to start construction on a $60-million soccer stadium.

The permit is expected to be finalized Friday but won't become valid until Jan. 3 if the decision isn't appealed. San Jose planning director Joseph Horwedel said a few residents concerned about noise are considering an appeal. Quakes officials have agreed to meet quarterly with area residents to try to solve any stadium-related issues once the project is completed.

The latest permit spells out what types of events can be held at the proposed 18,000-seat stadium adjacent to Mineta San Jose International Airport. The Quakes hope to open the 2013 season in a new facility. It currently plays at 10,500-seat Buck Shaw Stadium at Santa Clara University.

Read the original story...


No comments yet.

Sign in to leave a comment. Don't have an account? Join Now




AUTHORS

ARCHIVES
FOLLOW SOCCERAMERICA

Recent Section 2 Around the Net
Gunners' Debuchy Out Three Months     
Arsne Wenger on Tuesday confirmed that France defender Mathieu Debuchy will be out of action for ...
Roma's De Rossi to Miss Key Matches    
AS Roma on Tuesday confirmed that midfielder Daniele De Rossi has a first-degree calf injury, making ...
Portugal Appoints Fernando Santos as Coach    
The Portuguese soccer federation (FPF) on Tuesday appointed former Greece coach Fernando Santos as head coach. ...
Report: Liverpool in Breach of FFP?     
Liverpool on Tuesday said it's "very relaxed" about reports suggesting that it might have nearly 7 ...
Zidane in Hot Water Over Coaching Licenses    
Spain's national soccer coaching center (CENAFE) on Tuesday denounced former France and Real Madrid legend Zinedine ...
Ousted Magath Furious Over Cheese Remedy Revelation    
Former Fulham coach Felix Magath, who was fired last week after the Cottagers terrible start to ...
FIFA Mulls New Concussion Protocol    
At a meeting of its executive committee in Zurich on Tuesday, soccer's world governing body FIFA ...
Report: Lampard Could Extend City Loan     
Frank Lampard could be set for an emotional return to Stamford Bridge after Manchester City coach ...
Ozil on the Defensive    
In an interview with German news outlet FAZ, Arsenal's much-maligned playmaker Mesut Ozil defended his record ...
LVG: We Threw Away Three Points     
Louis van Gaal said that Manchester United threw three points away as Leicester City twice rallied ...
>> Section 2 Around the Net Archives