[MLS GOLEADORES] San Jose's Chris Wondolowski extended his league scoring lead during Week 17 action, which featured 28 goals in nine games. ... For the latest on the Golden Boot race ...
* Week 17 averaged 3.11 goals per game.
* Chris Wondolowski scored San Jose's gamewinner in a 4-3 victory over the Los Angeles Galaxy with his league-leading 14th strike. The 2010 Golden Boot winner has scored in three straight games.
* D.C. United's Chris Pontius' strike in a 3-0 win over Montreal gives him four goals in his last three games and nine for the season.
* Toronto's Dutch striker Danny Koevermans scored in a 3-0 midweek win at Montreal and again in a 1-1 tie with New York on Saturday to give him eight on the season for the league's last-place team.
* The goals-per-game average so far this season is 2.66. Last season ended with an average of 2.58, the second lowest in MLS history following the 2.46 produced in 2010.
* MLS Leading Scorers
| Chris Wondolowski|| San Jose (USA)|| 14|| 3|
| Kenny Cooper|| New York (USA)|| 11|| 1|
| Thierry Henry|| New York (France)|| 9|| 5|
| Will Bruin||Houston (USA)|| 9|| 1|
| Chris Pontius||DC United (USA)|| 9|| 1|
| Saer Sene||New England (France)|| 8|| 2|
| Danny Koevermans||Toronto (Netherlands)|| 8|| 1|
| Maicon Santos||D.C. United (Brazil)|| 7|| 2|
| Eddie Johnson||Seattle (USA)|| 7|| 1|
| Alvaro Saborio||Real Salt Lake (Costa Rica)|| 7|| 1|