Join Now | 
HomeAboutContact UsPrivacy & SecurityAdvertise
Soccer America DailySpecial EditionAround The NetSoccer Business InsiderCollege Soccer ReporterYouth Soccer ReporterSoccer on TVSoccer America Classifieds
Paul Gardner: SoccerTalkSoccer America ConfidentialYouth Soccer InsiderWorld Cup Watch
RSS FeedsArchivesManage SubscriptionsSubscribe
Order Current IssueSubscribeManage My SubscriptionRenew My SubscriptionGift Subscription
My AccountJoin Now
Tournament CalendarCamps & AcademiesSoccer GlossaryClassifieds
Dempsey saga continues with Fulham filing complaint
AFP, August 23rd, 2012 5:32PM

MOST READ

MOST COMMENTED

Clint Dempsey's future with Fulham remains in limbo while the club has launched an official complaint to the Premier League over Liverpool's conduct in its pursuit of American attacker. Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers went public with his interest in Dempsey last month, but there has been no firm bid from Liverpool since then, leaving Fulham coach Martin Jol furious. Jol left Dempsey out of the squad for last weekend's season opener and again for this Saturday's game at Manchester United.

"The Premier League has received a complaint from Fulham regarding certain comments made by Liverpool officials and is currently looking into the matter," an EPL statement read.

"Mentally Clint wants to move, he doesn't want to stay here," Jol said. "His head was turned and that was the problem. It's a problem and a situation you don't want. It's not something you can talk to a player about every day because he doesn't want to.

"I don't know if he'll remain a Fulham player. I'd love to keep him, but I'm not sure. Hopefully if he stays, then in the next couple of weeks he will change his thoughts about us. With me there's no problem and I don't think there's a problem within the team over him."

Read the original story...


No comments yet.

Sign in to leave a comment. Don't have an account? Join Now




AUTHORS

ARCHIVES
FOLLOW SOCCERAMERICA

Recent Section 2 Around the Net
Legia Loses CAS Appeal     
Legia Warsaw has said it will sack the administrator blamed for the clerical error that resulted ...
Report: BVB's Sponsors to Buy Stakes     
Borussia Dortmund on Thursday announced that the club would issue up to 24.5 million shares in ...
Simeone: Atletico Can't Compete with Real, Barca    
In an interview with La Gazzetta dello Sport, Atltico Madrid coach Diego Simeone emphasized that despite ...
Dzeko Signs Four-Year Man City Contract     
Manchester City striker Edin Dzeko on Thursday signed a new four-year deal with the defending Premier ...
FA Investigates Mackay, Moody     
Crystal Palace sporting director Iain Moody resigned on Thursday as the English FA opened an investigation ...
Poyet: 'I've Never Seen Jozy as Happy as Now'    
Gus Poyet, speaking ahead of Sunderland's home clash against Manchester United this weekend, says that USA ...
Ronaldo Fit for Super Cup; Di Maria, Khedira Futures Uncertain    
Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti on Thursday confirmed that Cristiano Ronaldo is fit enough to start ...
Balotelli to Join Liverpool     
AC Milan on Thursday confirmed that striker Mario Balotelli has said goodbye to the club's teammates ...
Report: Mackay Out of Palace Running    
Malky Mackay, who was considered a shoo-in for the vacant Crystal Palace job, is no longer ...
UEFA Investigates Tavecchio Comments    
Italian soccer federation (FIGC) president Carlo Tavecchio is being investigated by UEFA over an alleged racist ...
>> Section 2 Around the Net Archives