Join Now | 
HomeAboutContact UsPrivacy & SecurityAdvertise
Soccer America DailySpecial EditionAround The NetSoccer Business InsiderCollege Soccer ReporterYouth Soccer ReporterSoccer on TVSoccer America Classifieds
Paul Gardner: SoccerTalkSoccer America ConfidentialYouth Soccer InsiderWorld Cup Watch
RSS FeedsArchivesManage SubscriptionsSubscribe
Order Current IssueSubscribeManage My SubscriptionRenew My SubscriptionGift Subscription
My AccountJoin Now
Tournament CalendarCamps & AcademiesSoccer GlossaryClassifieds
Fulham, Liverpool to End Dempsey Dispute Behind Closed Doors
Independent, December 12th, 2012 10:33AM

MOST READ
TAGS:  england, men's national team

MOST COMMENTED

The Independent reports that English Premier League club Fulham has received a “groveling apology” from Liverpool over the illegal approach it made to American Clint Dempsey when he was still under contract with the London club and will likely withdraw its official complaint about the incident to the EPL.

According to the report, Fulham owner Mohamed Fayed has decided to drop the case after meeting with Liverpool chairman Tom Werner last week and receiving a personal apology. Liverpool managing director Ian Ayre also confirmed his club's admission of guilt and made another expression of "sincere regret", in a letter sent to Fulham, which recognizes Fayed’s "magnanimous gesture" in ending the action over Dempsey and "graciously" accepting Werner's apology.

Liverpool is expected to issue a statement later today admitting that the conduct it engaged in "was wrong and it simply never should have occurred."

Read the original story...


No comments yet.

Sign in to leave a comment. Don't have an account? Join Now




AUTHORS

ARCHIVES
FOLLOW SOCCERAMERICA

Recent Section 2 Around the Net
Brandao Faces One-Month Suspension for Head-Butt     
Bastia striker Brandao has been provisionally suspended until Sept. 18 by Ligue 1's disciplinary committee and ...
QPR Adds Two World Cup Players     
Queen Park Rangers on Friday confirmed the signing of Chile forward Eduardo Vargas on a season-long ...
Neymar Suffers Ankle Sprain    
Barcelona forward Neymar has picked up an ankle sprain in training and will be out of ...
Conte: 'We're Counting on' Rossi     
Antonio Conte said he is "counting on" New Jersey native Giuseppe Rossi as he draws up ...
Balotelli-Liverpool Talks Continue    
Mario Balotelli has arrived in Liverpool for a medical ahead of his expected 16 million pound ...
Report: Top Clubs Opening US Academies     
The AP reports that South American and European soccer powerhouses are opening full-time soccer academies across ...
Legia Loses CAS Appeal     
Legia Warsaw has said it will sack the administrator blamed for the clerical error that resulted ...
Report: BVB's Sponsors to Buy Stakes     
Borussia Dortmund on Thursday announced that the club would issue up to 24.5 million shares in ...
Simeone: Atletico Can't Compete with Real, Barca    
In an interview with La Gazzetta dello Sport, Atltico Madrid coach Diego Simeone emphasized that despite ...
Dzeko Signs Four-Year Man City Contract     
Manchester City striker Edin Dzeko on Thursday signed a new four-year deal with the defending Premier ...
>> Section 2 Around the Net Archives