The Telegraph reports that following Chelsea’s 2-1 win at Everton, Blues management told two-goal hero Frank Lampard in no uncertain terms that he has no future at
Stamford Bridge beyond the end of the current season. “Frank has had to accept that and just wants to carry on playing football for Chelsea, so as to finish the season as successfully as
possible for the club he loves,” Lampard’s representatives told the paper.
The Los Angeles Galaxy is the odds-on favorite for the 34-year-old’s signature, as the MLS club looks to find a replacement for departing midfielder David Beckham.
Lampard’s 83rd minute penalty against Southampton in Chelsea’s 5-1 FA Cup third round win away to Southampton on Saturday made him tied for second in the Blues all-time scoring chart with 193 goals. He has scored 8 goals in 17 appearances so far this season.
“I am enjoying my football, I have to say,” Lampard said after the Southampton victory. “I know there is a lot of talking going around but I am really enjoying playing. That’s what it is all about, so even if there are certain things going on in your head, when I run out there and the fans support me the way they do, it can’t help but make you a bit emotional…This club has been amazing to me, and the club is the fans, so I can only thank them.”