Join Now | 
HomeAboutContact UsPrivacy & SecurityAdvertise
Soccer America DailySpecial EditionAround The NetSoccer Business InsiderCollege Soccer ReporterYouth Soccer ReporterSoccer on TVSoccer America Classifieds
Paul Gardner: SoccerTalkSoccer America ConfidentialYouth Soccer InsiderWorld Cup Watch
RSS FeedsArchivesManage SubscriptionsSubscribe
Order Current IssueSubscribeManage My SubscriptionRenew My SubscriptionGift Subscription
My AccountJoin Now
Tournament CalendarCamps & AcademiesSoccer GlossaryClassifieds
Report: Fight Paved the Way for Balotelli's Milan Transfer
Guardian, January 30th, 2013 1:33PM

MOST READ
TAGS:  england, italy

MOST COMMENTED

According to the Guardian, the now infamous brawl that was caught on camera between Mario Balotelli and Roberto Mancini on Jan. 3 really was the final straw in their relationship. Ever since that incident, the paper reports, City had been privately shopping around the volatile 22-year-old around, while publicly denying that he was for sale so as to not depress his final price.

On Jan 3 at City’s Carrington training ground, Mancini’s patience with Balotelli finally ran out after he made a dangerous challenge on Scott Sinclair. A series of photographs shows the pair grappling one another. The report claims that while Mancini dismissed the incident and said he would give his fellow Italian “100 more chances,” he was really trying not to advertise to the whole world that Balotelli was for sale in order to keep the striker’s price from falling. Behind the scenes, all the relevant people have been working on his transfer for more than two weeks.

The Italy international is currently in Milan undergoing a medical before the transfer goes through for a reported $30 million. "I'd wanted to play for Milan for such a long time," Balotelli said. "Obviously I played for other teams and couldn't come. But when there was the chance, I ran ... I didn't have a good start to the season with City and I hope to do well here at Milan.”

Read the original story...


1 comment
  1. Philippe Fontanelli
    commented on: January 31, 2013 at 3:57 p.m.
    Balotteli is a poblem where ever he goes. AC Milan made a big mistake getting him, he is not going to behave any different that he has been so far.I predict his career will be short due to his extremely bad attitude. He is an angry man. He is bum! He is major prejudice and he holds the whole world responsible and guilty. How long will people will be too afraid express their opinion about this overrated player? It seems everybody and even the media is afraid to touch this subject to be politically correct!


Sign in to leave a comment. Don't have an account? Join Now




AUTHORS

ARCHIVES
FOLLOW SOCCERAMERICA

Recent Section 2 Around the Net
Report: Arsenal Leads EPL with 900 Injuries in 12 Seasons    
According to a report from PhysioRoom.com, which monitors sports team injuries, Premier League giant Arsenal has ...
Underdog BATE Bounces Back Against Bilbao     
Despite losing its opening game to FC Porto, 6-0, underdog BATE Borisov found itself right back ...
Bayern Bosses Slam CSKA's Empty Stadium     
Bayern Munich coach Pep Guardiola admitted there were few benefits to playing in an empty stadium ...
Diego Costa Ready to Play for Spain, Despite Mourinho     
Diego Costa on Wednesday declared himself fit to play for Spain despite club coach Jose Mourinho's ...
Totti: Man City's Tweet Inspired Me to Score    
AS Roma captain Francesco Totti claimed that Manchester City brought him luck by referencing him prior ...
PSG Tames Barca in UCL Thriller    
Paris Saint-Germain might finally have what it takes to win the UEFA Champions League, coach Laurent ...
The case for more female coaches in youth soccer    
Nicole Farley, who coaches at Southern California's Laguna United SC and Dana High School, says "I ...
Nasri to Miss a Month Following Surgery     
Manchester City midfielder Samir Nasri will miss a month after having groin surgery over the weekend. ...
Herrera Out as Man United Injury Crisis Worsens    
Manchester United midfielder Ander Herrera will be out for "weeks" with a fractured rib in yet ...
Giroud Signs Gunners Extension    
Goal.com reports that injured Arsenal striker Olivier Giroud has signed a two-year contract extension with the ...
>> Section 2 Around the Net Archives