[MAKING A LIST] Amando Moreno became the third youngest player to debut for the New York Red Bulls when he came on in the last minute of their 2-1 loss at Portland on Sunday night. The 17-year-old Red Bulls academy product joins an impressive list of American teenagers to debut for the Red Bulls that makes one wonder how they've ever not won at MLS trophy.
Both Eddie Gaven and Jozy Altidore were 16 when they made their New York debuts.
Moreno, who signed on Dec. 11, 2012, with the Red Bulls, became the fourth homegrown signing to play with the first team after Juan Agudelo, Matt Kassel and Connor Lade.
Santiago Castano, the backup keeper at Portland, is also 17.
New York Red Bulls' Youngest Americans
1. Eddie Gaven (debut: 2003, 16 years, 7 months)
2. Jozy Altidore (debut: 2006, 16 years, 9 months)
3. Amando Moreno (debut: 2013, 17 years, 6 months)
4. Michael Bradley (debut: 2005, 17 years, 8 months)
5. Juan Agudelo (debut: 2010, 17, 10 months)
6. Tim Ward(debut: 2005, 18 years, 1 month
7. Mike Magee (debut: 2003, 18 years, 7 months)
8. Tim Howard (debut: 1998, 19 years, 5 months)
9. Marvell Wynne (debut: 2006, 19 years, 10 months)