Join Now | 
HomeAboutContact UsPrivacy & SecurityAdvertise
Soccer America DailySpecial EditionAround The NetSoccer Business InsiderCollege Soccer ReporterYouth Soccer ReporterSoccer on TVSoccer America Classifieds
Paul Gardner: SoccerTalkSoccer America ConfidentialYouth Soccer InsiderWorld Cup Watch
RSS FeedsArchivesManage SubscriptionsSubscribe
Order Current IssueSubscribeManage My SubscriptionRenew My SubscriptionGift Subscription
My AccountJoin Now
Tournament CalendarCamps & AcademiesSoccer GlossaryClassifieds
'Old Guy' Totti Wants New Roma Deal
Football Italia, March 28th, 2013 12:43PM

MOST READ
TAGS:  italy, world cup, world cup 2014

MOST COMMENTED

At the ripe old age of 36, AS Roma talisman Francesco Totti says he wants a new deal. The former Italy international, who made his Serie A debut for Roma 20 years ago, says he has no intention of bringing his distinguished career to an end.

“Time has flown because I have done everything with passion,” he said in an interview with La Gazzetta dello Sport. “I hope that continues even if my contract will expire next season. I’m hoping for a renewal and I’ll speak directly to President James Pallotta about it next week when he arrives.”

During the interview, Totti revealed that he came close to leaving his beloved club for Sampdoria and Real Madrid at two different junctures, but in the end, he decided to stay at Roma, where he’s won one Serie A title, two Italian Cups and two Italian Super Cups.

Totti also lifted the 2006 World Cup with Italy, and last week opened the door for consideration for the Brazil 2014 squad. “A World Cup is the maximum, especially in Brazil where soccer is everything. But if things went badly then everyone would know who to blame,” he said. “The critics would say that Italy had taken an old guy who ruined the squad …"

Read the original story...


No comments yet.

Sign in to leave a comment. Don't have an account? Join Now




AUTHORS

ARCHIVES
FOLLOW SOCCERAMERICA

Recent Section 2 Around the Net
Legia Loses CAS Appeal     
Legia Warsaw has said it will sack the administrator blamed for the clerical error that resulted ...
Report: BVB's Sponsors to Buy Stakes     
Borussia Dortmund on Thursday announced that the club would issue up to 24.5 million shares in ...
Simeone: Atletico Can't Compete with Real, Barca    
In an interview with La Gazzetta dello Sport, Atltico Madrid coach Diego Simeone emphasized that despite ...
Dzeko Signs Four-Year Man City Contract     
Manchester City striker Edin Dzeko on Thursday signed a new four-year deal with the defending Premier ...
FA Investigates Mackay, Moody     
Crystal Palace sporting director Iain Moody resigned on Thursday as the English FA opened an investigation ...
Poyet: 'I've Never Seen Jozy as Happy as Now'    
Gus Poyet, speaking ahead of Sunderland's home clash against Manchester United this weekend, says that USA ...
Ronaldo Fit for Super Cup; Di Maria, Khedira Futures Uncertain    
Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti on Thursday confirmed that Cristiano Ronaldo is fit enough to start ...
Balotelli to Join Liverpool     
AC Milan on Thursday confirmed that striker Mario Balotelli has said goodbye to the club's teammates ...
Report: Mackay Out of Palace Running    
Malky Mackay, who was considered a shoo-in for the vacant Crystal Palace job, is no longer ...
UEFA Investigates Tavecchio Comments    
Italian soccer federation (FIGC) president Carlo Tavecchio is being investigated by UEFA over an alleged racist ...
>> Section 2 Around the Net Archives