Join Now | 
HomeAboutContact UsPrivacy & SecurityAdvertise
Soccer America DailySpecial EditionAround The NetSoccer Business InsiderCollege Soccer ReporterYouth Soccer ReporterSoccer on TVSoccer America Classifieds
Paul Gardner: SoccerTalkSoccer America ConfidentialYouth Soccer InsiderWorld Cup Watch
RSS FeedsArchivesManage SubscriptionsSubscribe
Order Current IssueSubscribeManage My SubscriptionRenew My SubscriptionGift Subscription
My AccountJoin Now
Tournament CalendarCamps & AcademiesSoccer GlossaryClassifieds
Real Submit Final Offer for van Nistelrooy
The Daily Mail, July 26th, 2006 5:07PM

MOST READ

MOST COMMENTED

Real have lodged in a final bid for Manchester United striker Ruud van Nistelrooy. The player clearly wants to go, and as much as Real Madrid wants him, United manager Sir Alex Ferguson won't budge on a high $28 million transfer fee. The British press is running several conflicting reports as to the value of Real's latest offer, but the Daily Mirror says the Madrid club has upped its offer to meet Manchester United's high asking price. Other reports peg the upgraded bid at $19 million, or 15 million euros. Sporting director Pedrag Mijatovic, a former Madrid player, says the bid is the Spanish club's final offer. German champion Bayern Munich is the other interested party in the battle for van Nistelrooy's signature. Earlier in the week, it had an $18.5 million bid rejected by United. Alex Ferguson has said if the appropriate offer doesn't come, he wouldn't object to having Ruud in the squad for another season. "At this moment in time, Ruud is still a Manchester United player," Ferguson said. "Without question, he did very well in training yesterday. He showed a good attitude, which is good." Van Nistelrooy has scored more than 150 goals for the club since then. Read the original story...


No comments yet.

Sign in to leave a comment. Don't have an account? Join Now




AUTHORS

ARCHIVES
FOLLOW SOCCERAMERICA

Recent Section 2 Around the Net
Gervinho Tries to Smuggle Woman into Italy     
Apparently, AS Roma and Ivory Coast forward Gervinho tried and failed to smuggle a woman onto ...
Report: Wilshere Out Two-Three Months     
The Guardian on Monday reported that Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere, who went off injured in the ...
Enrique: Messi to Play Different Positions for Barca    
Lionel Messi will be used both as the main striker as well as a wide forward ...
Valcke: FIFA's Reputation is Damaged    
FIFA general secretary Jerome Valcke on Tuesday acknowledged that it could take "years" to rebuild FIFA's ...
Ribery Rips FIFA's Ballon d'Or     
Bayern Munich winger Franck Ribery expects teammates Arjen Robben and Manuel Neuer to miss out on ...
Pellegrini: Aguero 'One of the Best in the World'    
Manuel Pellegrini hailed hat-trick hero Sergio Aguero for rescuing Manchester City's UEFA Champions League hopes with ...
Mourinho Hails 'Complete' Chelsea     
Jose Mourinho hailed the 'complete' performance of his players as Chelsea sealed first-place in Group G ...
Report: Real Beats Barca to Promising Youngster    
Real Madrid has beaten Barcelona to the signing of promising youngster Marco Asensio, in what Spanish ...
Guardiola Hopes Messi Stays at Barca     
Bayern Munich coach Pep Guardiola said he hopes "with all my heart" that Lionel Messi ends ...
Man City, Bayern Fans Persist with UEFA Protest    
PA Sport reports that Manchester City and Bayern Munich will continue their "Respect ... Fans" protest ...
>> Section 2 Around the Net Archives