Join Now | 
HomeAboutContact UsPrivacy & SecurityAdvertise
Soccer America DailySpecial EditionAround The NetSoccer Business InsiderCollege Soccer ReporterYouth Soccer ReporterSoccer on TVSoccer America Classifieds
Paul Gardner: SoccerTalkSoccer America ConfidentialYouth Soccer InsiderWorld Cup Watch
RSS FeedsArchivesManage SubscriptionsSubscribe
Order Current IssueSubscribeManage My SubscriptionRenew My SubscriptionGift Subscription
My AccountJoin Now
Tournament CalendarCamps & AcademiesSoccer GlossaryClassifieds
Neymar's Father Explodes Over Botched Transfer
Football Espana, May 24th, 2013 1:10PM

MOST READ
TAGS:  barcelona, brazil, spain

MOST COMMENTED

Neymar Senior, the father and agent of Brazilian soccer star Neymar, has hit out at Santos for ‘auctioning’ off his son’s services to Europe’s top clubs. The Brazilian club is keen to sell Neymar this summer, or it risks losing him for nothing next season when his contract expires.

Earlier this week, Santos rejected a reported $28.5 million bid from Barcelona, as the club values its 55 percent share of the 21-year-old’s transfer fee at $35.5 million, according to reports in Spain. That move effectively suspended negotiations, as Barca immediately recalled director Raul Sanllehi, who had been sent to Brazil to complete the move.

Afterward, a frustrated Neymar Sr exploded in front of reporters over the incident. “I think the story is over. Santos’ management committee will have to decide. Yes or no, but this speculation must end,” he declared. “We do not know what is going on. There is talk of meetings at Santos, but why has it not been resolved yet? I will not let the club hold an auction, I will not allow it. It is simple, from now on I will not answer the phone anymore. To no one, I am just not going to negotiate.”

He added: “They have said that they will not sell the player, so life goes on. Now it will be a year before the player can leave, but in six months he can sign a pre-contract with any club. Santos should think about this, but no one has spoken to us about it. Meanwhile, we do not have to position ourselves, we cannot and we will not.”

Read the original story...


No comments yet.

Sign in to leave a comment. Don't have an account? Join Now




AUTHORS

ARCHIVES
FOLLOW SOCCERAMERICA

Recent Section 2 Around the Net
Redknapp to Sign Two-Year QPR Extension    
Despite losing his first three games of the season, Queens Park Rangers coach Harry Redknapp revealed ...
Hernandez, Juve Agree Personal Terms    
The Corriere dello Sport on Friday reported that Juventus has agreed personal terms with Manchester United ...
Cambiasso Joins Leicester City     
Former Inter Milan midfielder Esteban Cambiasso on Friday officially joined Premier League club Leicester City. The ...
Fringe Players' Pay Could Derail Man United Transfer Plans    
Following the British record $99 million arrival of Angel Di Maria from Real Madrid, Manchester United ...
Chelsea's Torres Wants AC Milan Move     
Chelsea striker Fernando Torres is said to be closing in on a move to AC Milan ...
Report: Gunners Favorite to Sign Falcao on Loan     
ESPN on Thursday reported that AS Monaco has made sought-after striker Radamel Falcao available for a ...
Xabi Alonso Transfer Raises Question Marks in Germany    
Xabi Alonso's 10 million-euro ($13.2 million) transfer from Real Madrid to Bayern Munich has been met ...
Rooney Named England Captain     
Roy Hodgson on Thursday named Wayne Rooney captain of England following the retirement of former captain ...
Van Basten Exhibits 'Severe Symptoms'; Leaves AZ Indefinitely     
Netherlands and AC Milan legend Marco van Basten on Thursday mysteriously left his post as AZ ...
Arsenal Loses Giroud Until 2015     
Arsenal coach Arsene Wenger on Thursday confirmed that striker Olivier Giroud had surgery on an injured ...
>> Section 2 Around the Net Archives