Join Now | 
HomeAboutContact UsPrivacy & SecurityAdvertise
Soccer America DailySpecial EditionAround The NetSoccer Business InsiderCollege Soccer ReporterYouth Soccer ReporterSoccer on TVSoccer America Classifieds
Paul Gardner: SoccerTalkSoccer America ConfidentialYouth Soccer InsiderWorld Cup Watch
RSS FeedsArchivesManage SubscriptionsSubscribe
Order Current IssueSubscribeManage My SubscriptionRenew My SubscriptionGift Subscription
My AccountJoin Now
Tournament CalendarCamps & AcademiesSoccer GlossaryClassifieds
Reports: Fernandinho off to Man City
Telegraph, June 5th, 2013 12:37PM

MOST READ
TAGS:  brazil, england, world cup 2014

MOST COMMENTED

A day after signing Jesus Navas from Sevilla, the Telegraph reports that Manchester City is about to make its second big capture of the summer in Shakhtar Donetsk midfielder Fernandinho. The Brazilian for months made it clear that he wished to join City; according to reports, the 28-year-old is now in Manchester completing a medical after a $52 million fee was agreed.

Earlier this month, the player expressed his concern that a deal might not come through due to the $65 million buyout clause in his contract. “The day I signed, the club’s director guaranteed me that was normal with his players, and that in a transfer, we could negotiate and reach an agreement on the price,” Fernandinho said. “I trusted them, and I didn’t think about the consequences it would bring me in the future. My dream is being threatened because of the high valuation.”

Fernandinho has repeatedly said his dream is to play for Brazil in next year’s World Cup. He believes that going to City will increase his chances.

Read the original story...


No comments yet.

Sign in to leave a comment. Don't have an account? Join Now




AUTHORS

ARCHIVES
FOLLOW SOCCERAMERICA

Recent Section 2 Around the Net
New York passes goal-anchoring law    
New York Governor Andrew Cuomo has signed a bill late that requires the state to come ...
Gervinho Tries to Smuggle Woman into Italy     
Apparently, AS Roma and Ivory Coast forward Gervinho tried and failed to smuggle a woman onto ...
Report: Wilshere Out Two-Three Months     
The Guardian on Monday reported that Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere, who went off injured in the ...
Enrique: Messi to Play Different Positions for Barca    
Lionel Messi will be used both as the main striker as well as a wide forward ...
Valcke: FIFA's Reputation is Damaged    
FIFA general secretary Jerome Valcke on Tuesday acknowledged that it could take "years" to rebuild FIFA's ...
Ribery Rips FIFA's Ballon d'Or     
Bayern Munich winger Franck Ribery expects teammates Arjen Robben and Manuel Neuer to miss out on ...
Pellegrini: Aguero 'One of the Best in the World'    
Manuel Pellegrini hailed hat-trick hero Sergio Aguero for rescuing Manchester City's UEFA Champions League hopes with ...
Mourinho Hails 'Complete' Chelsea     
Jose Mourinho hailed the 'complete' performance of his players as Chelsea sealed first-place in Group G ...
Report: Real Beats Barca to Promising Youngster    
Real Madrid has beaten Barcelona to the signing of promising youngster Marco Asensio, in what Spanish ...
Guardiola Hopes Messi Stays at Barca     
Bayern Munich coach Pep Guardiola said he hopes "with all my heart" that Lionel Messi ends ...
>> Section 2 Around the Net Archives