Join Now |
HomeAboutContact UsPrivacy & SecurityAdvertise
Soccer America DailySpecial EditionAround The NetSoccer Business InsiderCollege Soccer ReporterYouth Soccer ReporterSoccer on TVSoccer America Classifieds
Paul Gardner: SoccerTalkSoccer America ConfidentialYouth Soccer InsiderWorld Cup Watch
RSS FeedsArchivesManage SubscriptionsSubscribe
Order Current IssueSubscribeManage My SubscriptionRenew My SubscriptionGift Subscription
My AccountJoin Now
Tournament CalendarCamps & AcademiesSoccer GlossaryClassifieds
Mexico slumps to second defeat
June 26th, 2013 2AM

MOST READ
TAGS:  mexico, under-20 world cup

MOST COMMENTED

[UNDER-20 WORLD CUP] Mexico joined Cuba and Ghana as the only teams to lose its first two games through Tuesday play at the Under-20 World Cup when it fell to Paraguay, 1-0, on Derlis Gonzalez's superb side volley in the 52nd minute.

The Concacaf champions, who included a nucleus of players from Mexico's 2011 U-17 world championship team, hit the post twice, including with a free kick from Jorge Espericueta in the final minute.

Goalie Richard Sanchez was the only one of Mexico's three Americans to play the second game.

25 comments
  1. Luis Arreola
    commented on: June 26, 2013 at 9:23 a.m.
    There is only 6 players from that U17 team on this one and they are not all starters. That is not a nucleus.

1. Gordon Hayes
    commented on: June 26, 2013 at 2:46 p.m.
    6 players on this team started in the final of the U17 WC - that seems to be a nucleus of that team which is what the writer stated. I will try and catch Luis in his lies when I can.

1. Luis Arreola
    commented on: June 26, 2013 at 5:13 p.m.
    So if only 3 of those are regular starters on this team that makes them the nucleus of this team?

1. Gordon Hayes
    commented on: June 26, 2013 at 5:56 p.m.
    I'm almost embarrassed for you....almost....grab your son and see if he can teach you to read.....which team did they say the nucleus was from?

1. Luis Arreola
    commented on: June 26, 2013 at 6:24 p.m.
    Oh ok. Misread it. But still they should have said it was just 6 players from that group. Thx for the correction Gordon. You saved the day once more!!

1. Luis Arreola
    commented on: June 26, 2013 at 6:27 p.m.
    My son actually receieved a big sxholarship to attend a very prestigouis High School. He could teach me and you I thing or 2 sunshine. Lol.

1. Gordon Hayes
    commented on: June 26, 2013 at 8:29 p.m.
    Still can't just say 'I was wrong' or 'we (for you that means Mexico) lost'....pity. Yeah, I believe you Luis about your son - you always tell the truth.

1. Luis Arreola
    commented on: June 26, 2013 at 9:26 p.m.
    Its ok if you dont beleive me brother. Hate does that to you.

1. Gordon Hayes
    commented on: June 26, 2013 at 9:54 p.m.
    I guess your "hate" for Americans makes you a liar and a racist.

1. Luis Arreola
    commented on: June 26, 2013 at 10:13 p.m.
    Dont know what your talking about. Why dont you like to stay on topic. Americans?? My son?? What the hell are you blabbering about now?? Time to let SA know about your craziness again.

1. Gordon Hayes
    commented on: June 27, 2013 at 10:11 a.m.
    Go cry like a baby Luis - it is what you are good at - poor poor Luis - don't dare criticize Mexico or I will cry, don't write an article criticizing Mexico or I will cry.....and not understanding is a problem you have from not educating yourself.

1. Luis Arreola
    commented on: June 27, 2013 at 10:40 a.m.
    Stick to topic Gordon or I will have to have someone erase your ignorant comments. Your hate is unnessacary here. You get too personal. If I could have access to you physically it would be a much different story. Tell you what. Stay on topic and you will have no issues, even if we dont agree. Your ignorant hateful garbage is what gets you erased on this blog. Or do you think the SA writers are not educated as well?? Because they actually read your nonsense before they erase it, you know.

1. Gordon Hayes
    commented on: June 27, 2013 at 10:56 a.m.
    So physical threats are okay? I know you are stupid and uneducated but you do remember that I posted and you attacked me personally? Remember? Think hard. I will wait. Do you remember? If you apologize then I will back off again. The issue is lying and race-baiting and idiots that think ethnic coaches know more than American coaches simply by where they were born.

1. Luis Arreola
    commented on: June 27, 2013 at 11:26 a.m.
    You called me a liar, Gordon. What did I lie about ?? Nobody has won mre than Mexico in last 6 years. To me taking 3rd in a World Cup is a great achievement. Its not to you. Ok, I respect your opinion. You call me a liar. Why?? Because you feel 3rd place is not an achievement ?? Mexico beat Argentina in PanAMerican games as well. That's the country you said was equal to Mexico in wins. PanAmerican games prove they are not. PanAmerican games hold no value to you because they are not Fifa. Ok, no problem. You have your opinion. But why am I a liar?? Those are results where Mexico has won and beaten the team you countered with. It's ok to not agree with me but you get personal and its all because you hate Mexico. Its ok just keep that hate to yourself. No need to call me a liar. I have 2 good reasons to beleive in my mind that Mexico is the most successful country in last 6 years. If 3rd is not considered a successful achievement, ok, but winning PanAmerican 1st place is winning regardless if it's FIFA or not. Especially beating the team they are tied with in World Cup wins. Not agreeing on something doesnt make any one of us a liar. If I could talk to you face to face I would not need to alert SA of your personal crap. They advised I let them know when you go crazy again. If you have a problem with that you should contact them. They beleive you get too personal, so it's just not me. Reality check, homeboy.

1. Gordon Hayes
    commented on: June 27, 2013 at 12:29 p.m.
    Well, be sure and show them your threats of violence. And don't distort the facts and lie again. I posted my opinion in a respectable manner - did not address it to you nor mention your name or use any names AND THEN (you see I must be clear for you) you attacked me and made fun of my college education (which shows how jealous you are and envious of the white man). You see, you are a bully who starts crap but then can't take it when he gets it back - only you aren't much of a bully I would imagine - you probably fight like you play soccer which is never really have done so (except when you were 7 in the barrios) - of wait, if I say barrios that is racist now so how about neighborhood or streets - is that racist too?....................Just apologize for breaking our truce and we can move on.

1. Gordon Hayes
    commented on: June 27, 2013 at 12:36 p.m.
    And let me be clear to help you - you spouted off like you always do about how great Mexico is, you DID NOT look up facts or third place wins or PanAmerican wins, you wrote Mexico had won more than any other country. To any normal person that means FIFA events and actually winning - you know it and I know it and everyone knows it. I called you out on it and proved that you are a liar and THEN you tried to back up your statement and used regional events and third place wins (oh third place is much better than 2nd place) which makes you a liar and worse someone that can't admit when they are wrong..........Oh and if we can use regional events Brazil and not first place finishes then Brazil is ahead of Mexico so you are a liar on that front as well.............oh and then you said you agreed with me? But apparently you changed your mind................ apologize for being mistaken and we can move on.

1. Luis Arreola
    commented on: June 27, 2013 at 12:49 p.m.
    So mentioning your college education means I am envious of the white man?? LOL. ok.

1. Gordon Hayes
    commented on: June 27, 2013 at 12:59 p.m.
    Well, at least you admit something for once......it's a start.

1. Luis Arreola
    commented on: June 27, 2013 at 1:18 p.m.
    Gordon, a ??? is not admitting to anything. There is absolutely nothing to be envious about in this case.

1. Gordon Hayes
    commented on: June 27, 2013 at 2:05 p.m.
    Well you did say "ok" - I know many words are beyond your limited education but I assume you know what that means and it does not matter - you hate white people and I am pretty sure black people too - basically anyone but hispanics.

1. Luis Arreola
    commented on: June 27, 2013 at 4:07 p.m.
    Wow. SA!!! LOL

1. Luis Arreola
    commented on: June 27, 2013 at 4:07 p.m.
    You better get all your hateful comments out there before they get erased!!

1. Gordon Hayes
    commented on: June 27, 2013 at 4:56 p.m.
    You mean like threatening physical violence?

1. Luis Arreola
    commented on: June 27, 2013 at 6:04 p.m.
    I wouldnt hurt you brother unless you insulted me like you do here calling me a liar and all.

1. Gordon Hayes
    commented on: June 27, 2013 at 8:56 p.m.
    Well you are being insulted but it is well-earned.

Sign in to leave a comment. Don't have an account? Join Now