Join Now | 
HomeAboutContact UsPrivacy & SecurityAdvertise
Soccer America DailySpecial EditionAround The NetSoccer Business InsiderCollege Soccer ReporterYouth Soccer ReporterSoccer on TVSoccer America Classifieds
Paul Gardner: SoccerTalkSoccer America ConfidentialYouth Soccer InsiderWorld Cup Watch
RSS FeedsArchivesManage SubscriptionsSubscribe
Order Current IssueSubscribeManage My SubscriptionRenew My SubscriptionGift Subscription
My AccountJoin Now
Tournament CalendarCamps & AcademiesSoccer GlossaryClassifieds
Suarez Most Likely Stuck at Liverpool
Daily Mirror, August 1st, 2013 12:55PM

MOST READ
TAGS:  england

MOST COMMENTED

It looks like Arsenal’s second bid of $61 million for Luis Suarez has not triggered a release clause in the striker’s Liverpool contract. According to the Daily Mirror, Suarez has now decided to drop his pursuit of arbitration with the Premier League, because his contract clearly states that Liverpool does not have to sell him at ANY price. A Liverpool source tells the paper: “We are 100 percent confident -- there is absolutely no obligation to sell and that is very clear,” he explained. “We’ve all examined the clause in detail. All it obliges is good faith negotiations about Luis’s future.”

Now, with the Uruguayan under contract for another three years, coach Brendan Rodgers and his coaching team are determined to keep Suarez unless their valuation of around $84 million is met. This is the same figure that Paris Saint-Germain paid Napoli for compatriot Edinson Cavani earlier this summer.

As the Mirror sees it, Suarez’s only options are to either hope for a massive $80 million-plus bid from Arsenal, hand in a transfer request and risk the ire of Liverpool’s fans, or hope that a foreign club comes in for him, as Liverpool is understood to be willing to sell the striker abroad for less. 

Read the original story...


No comments yet.

Sign in to leave a comment. Don't have an account? Join Now




AUTHORS

ARCHIVES
FOLLOW SOCCERAMERICA

Recent Section 2 Around the Net
Report: Mackay Out of Palace Running    
Malky Mackay, who was considered a shoo-in for the vacant Crystal Palace job, is no longer ...
UEFA Investigates Tavecchio Comments    
Italian soccer federation (FIGC) president Carlo Tavecchio is being investigated by UEFA over an alleged racist ...
Report: Glazers to Keep Man United Five More Years    
The Guardian reports that despite mounting unrest over the Glazer's ownership of Manchester United, the family ...
Barca Denied Transfer Ban Appeal    
Barcelona will be unable to sign any players in 2015 after FIFA rejected its appeal against ...
UCL Playoffs: Higuain Rescues Draw vs. Bilbao     
Athletic Bilbao coach Ernesto Valverde says he had "hoped for something more" following his team's 1-1 ...
Wenger Bemoans Ramsey Suspension After Gunners Stalemate    
Aaron Ramsey was sent off as Arsenal eked out a 0-0 draw away to Besiktas in ...
Simeone: Di Maria is Real's Best Player     
Atletico Madrid coach Diego Simeone said he thinks that Angel Di Maria is Real Madrid's best ...
Colorado College will be Team USA in 2015    
Colorado College, a Division III school, is moving to the Mountain West this season from Conference ...
Hazing investigation prompts cancellation of UNM opener    
In the aftermath of an incident in which Albuquerque fire and rescue and ambulance personnel were ...
Johannsson Has Groin Surgery     
AZ Alkmaar on Tuesday announced that USA forward Aron Johannsson had surgery on his right groin ...
>> Section 2 Around the Net Archives