Join Now | 
HomeAboutContact UsPrivacy & SecurityAdvertise
Soccer America DailySpecial EditionAround The NetSoccer Business InsiderCollege Soccer ReporterYouth Soccer ReporterSoccer on TVSoccer America Classifieds
Paul Gardner: SoccerTalkSoccer America ConfidentialYouth Soccer InsiderWorld Cup Watch
RSS FeedsArchivesManage SubscriptionsSubscribe
Order Current IssueSubscribeManage My SubscriptionRenew My SubscriptionGift Subscription
My AccountJoin Now
Tournament CalendarCamps & AcademiesSoccer GlossaryClassifieds
Neymar: 'Nothing Illegal' About Barca Transfer
ESPN FC, January 15th, 2014 2:49PM

MOST READ
TAGS:  barcelona, brazil, soccer business, spain

MOST COMMENTED

Neymar on Wednesday spoke out about his highly scrutinized transfer to Barcelona from Brazilian giant Santos last summer, claiming that there was “nothing illegal” about the 57 million euro-plus ($77.5 million) deal, which is currently being investigated by a Spanish prosecuting judge.

Of course Neymar, who is 22, notes that his father looks after his business affairs, not unlike teammate Lionel Messi, who said the same thing when his taxes were being investigated last year. "I know there has been a lot of talk about my contract," the Brazil international said. "My father signed the contracts and he is obviously a person I have full confidence in. There is nothing illegal. In any case if there is any doubt you can ask my father, because I just focus on my job -- which is playing soccer."

However, ESPN reports that the Spanish press believes two different versions of the paperwork of Neymar’s transfer exist, and that the deal was structured so that a large chunk of the fee went to the player’s father and agent. Barcelona, meanwhile, has firmly denied any wrongdoing while maintaining that a confidentiality clause means it cannot disclose to its own members who was paid what.

Read the original story...


No comments yet.

Sign in to leave a comment. Don't have an account? Join Now




AUTHORS

ARCHIVES
FOLLOW SOCCERAMERICA

Recent Section 2 Around the Net
Redknapp to Sign Two-Year QPR Extension    
Despite losing his first three games of the season, Queens Park Rangers coach Harry Redknapp revealed ...
Hernandez, Juve Agree Personal Terms    
The Corriere dello Sport on Friday reported that Juventus has agreed personal terms with Manchester United ...
Cambiasso Joins Leicester City     
Former Inter Milan midfielder Esteban Cambiasso on Friday officially joined Premier League club Leicester City. The ...
Fringe Players' Pay Could Derail Man United Transfer Plans    
Following the British record $99 million arrival of Angel Di Maria from Real Madrid, Manchester United ...
Chelsea's Torres Wants AC Milan Move     
Chelsea striker Fernando Torres is said to be closing in on a move to AC Milan ...
Report: Gunners Favorite to Sign Falcao on Loan     
ESPN on Thursday reported that AS Monaco has made sought-after striker Radamel Falcao available for a ...
Xabi Alonso Transfer Raises Question Marks in Germany    
Xabi Alonso's 10 million-euro ($13.2 million) transfer from Real Madrid to Bayern Munich has been met ...
Rooney Named England Captain     
Roy Hodgson on Thursday named Wayne Rooney captain of England following the retirement of former captain ...
Van Basten Exhibits 'Severe Symptoms'; Leaves AZ Indefinitely     
Netherlands and AC Milan legend Marco van Basten on Thursday mysteriously left his post as AZ ...
Arsenal Loses Giroud Until 2015     
Arsenal coach Arsene Wenger on Thursday confirmed that striker Olivier Giroud had surgery on an injured ...
>> Section 2 Around the Net Archives