Join Now | 
HomeAboutContact UsPrivacy & SecurityAdvertise
Soccer America DailySpecial EditionAround The NetSoccer Business InsiderCollege Soccer ReporterYouth Soccer ReporterSoccer on TVSoccer America Classifieds
Paul Gardner: SoccerTalkSoccer America ConfidentialYouth Soccer InsiderWorld Cup Watch
RSS FeedsArchivesManage SubscriptionsSubscribe
Order Current IssueSubscribeManage My SubscriptionRenew My SubscriptionGift Subscription
My AccountJoin Now
Tournament CalendarCamps & AcademiesSoccer GlossaryClassifieds
Santos Seeks Injunction in Neymar Transfer Case
ESPN FC, February 12th, 2014 2:58PM

MOST READ

MOST COMMENTED

Santos is seeking an injunction to get access to all the documents relating to Neymar’s controversial transfer for Barcelona last summer. According to ESPN, the Brazilian giant has contacted both Barca and Neymar's father, who is the player's agent, to clarify exactly how much was paid to whom during the transfer.

Barca has admitted that it paid out a total of 86.2 million euros ($117 million) in signing the Brazil international last summer, but the club said the transfer fee only constituted 57.1 million ($77.6 million), 17.1 million ($23.2 million) of which was paid to Santos, with Neymar’s father receiving the other 40 million ($54.4 million). Details of the complex deal published on Barca’s Web site also show a “collaboration agreement” with Santos worth 7.9 million ($10.7 million), as well as an 8.5 million ($11.5 million) payment to Neymar Sr. for marketing, scouting and development work in Sao Paulo.

Santos on Tuesday released a statement saying the club still had reservations about the whole arrangement, so it wants a judge to grant it access to all the relevant paperwork. Meanwhile, DIS Esporte, an investment fund that held 40 percent of Neymar’s “playing rights” until last summer, has also threatened to go to court to get a share of the money that was paid out. Read the original story...


No comments yet.

Sign in to leave a comment. Don't have an account? Join Now




AUTHORS

ARCHIVES
FOLLOW SOCCERAMERICA

Recent Section 2 Around the Net
Report: Man United Makes World Record Bid for Bale     
Manchester United submitted a blockbuster transfer bid for Real Madrid forward Gareth Bale on Tuesday, offering ...
AWOL Ronaldinho Receives Queretaro Warning    
Queretaro on Tuesday threatened to release Ronaldinho if the former two-time World Player of the Year ...
Zlatan Fury at Swedish Ranking Snub    
Earlier this week, Zlatan Ibrahimovic reacted angrily to finishing second on a list of top Swedish ...
Rodgers: Balotelli's Style Not Suited for Liverpool     
Brendan Rodgers on Tuesday suggested that Mario Balotelli's style is not best-suited to Liverpool's game, saying ...
Mourinho: No Chance of Signing Messi     
Jose Mourinho says that Chelsea has "no chance" of signing Lionel Messi from Barcelona, despite reports ...
De Laurentiis: 'Spectacular' Supercoppa Win     
Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis believes Italian soccer came out the real winner following Monday night's ...
Mourinho Hails 'Amazing' Blues     
Jose Mourinho described Chelsea's 2-0 win at Stoke City on Monday night as an "amazing" performance ...
Aguirre to Hold Press Conference About Game-Fixing Allegations    
The Japanese soccer association (JFA) on Monday confirmed that head coach Javier Aguirre, who was recently ...
Hummels Slams BVB's 'Rubbish' Away Record     
Manchester United target Mats Hummels has described Borussia Dortmund's first half of the season as "rubbish," ...
Fergie Hails Carrick, Rooney, RVP, De Gea    
Alex Ferguson thinks Michael Carrick, Wayne Rooney, Robin van Persie and David De Gea have enough ...
>> Section 2 Around the Net Archives