Join Now | 
HomeAboutContact UsPrivacy & SecurityAdvertise
Soccer America DailySpecial EditionAround The NetSoccer Business InsiderCollege Soccer ReporterYouth Soccer ReporterSoccer on TVSoccer America Classifieds
Paul Gardner: SoccerTalkSoccer America ConfidentialYouth Soccer InsiderWorld Cup Watch
RSS FeedsArchivesManage SubscriptionsSubscribe
Order Current IssueSubscribeManage My SubscriptionRenew My SubscriptionGift Subscription
My AccountJoin Now
Tournament CalendarCamps & AcademiesSoccer GlossaryClassifieds
Eto'o Calls Mourinho a 'Fool,' Confirms Chelsea Exit
PA Sport, May 15th, 2014 2PM

MOST READ
TAGS:  chelsea, england

MOST COMMENTED

In an interview with AfricanFootball.com, Chelsea striker Samuel Eto’o launched a thinly veiled attack on Blues coach Jose Mourinho for suggesting he was lying about his age earlier this season. Eto’o, 33, is out of contract this summer after scoring 12 goals for Chelsea and the Cameroon international said he plans to continue plying his trade somewhere else in Europe after this summer’s World Cup.

"Today, I am 33 years old. And it is not because a fool called me an old man that you must believe it,” Eto’o said. "And you may have noticed that the old man was better than the youngsters. Some believe I am going to retire in the United States or in the Middle East, but I have regained the joy of the Champions League and I am going to carry on playing in the Champions League. Where? I am not going to tell you. But I am going to carry on playing because physically and mentally I feel great. So I am going to go to this World Cup and to the next one when I will be 37. Some did it at 42, so I can still play in two more World Cups."

Eto’o, of course, was referring to Cameroon great Roger Milla, who starred for the Indomitable Lions in the 1990 World Cup at the age of 38 and then the 1994 World Cup at 42.

Read the original story...


No comments yet.

Sign in to leave a comment. Don't have an account? Join Now




AUTHORS

ARCHIVES
FOLLOW SOCCERAMERICA

Recent Section 2 Around the Net
Brandao Faces One-Month Suspension for Head-Butt     
Bastia striker Brandao has been provisionally suspended until Sept. 18 by Ligue 1's disciplinary committee and ...
QPR Adds Two World Cup Players     
Queen Park Rangers on Friday confirmed the signing of Chile forward Eduardo Vargas on a season-long ...
Neymar Suffers Ankle Sprain    
Barcelona forward Neymar has picked up an ankle sprain in training and will be out of ...
Conte: 'We're Counting on' Rossi     
Antonio Conte said he is "counting on" New Jersey native Giuseppe Rossi as he draws up ...
Balotelli-Liverpool Talks Continue    
Mario Balotelli has arrived in Liverpool for a medical ahead of his expected 16 million pound ...
Report: Top Clubs Opening US Academies     
The AP reports that South American and European soccer powerhouses are opening full-time soccer academies across ...
Legia Loses CAS Appeal     
Legia Warsaw has said it will sack the administrator blamed for the clerical error that resulted ...
Report: BVB's Sponsors to Buy Stakes     
Borussia Dortmund on Thursday announced that the club would issue up to 24.5 million shares in ...
Simeone: Atletico Can't Compete with Real, Barca    
In an interview with La Gazzetta dello Sport, Atltico Madrid coach Diego Simeone emphasized that despite ...
Dzeko Signs Four-Year Man City Contract     
Manchester City striker Edin Dzeko on Thursday signed a new four-year deal with the defending Premier ...
>> Section 2 Around the Net Archives