Join Now | 
HomeAboutContact UsPrivacy & SecurityAdvertise
Soccer America DailySpecial EditionAround The NetSoccer Business InsiderCollege Soccer ReporterYouth Soccer ReporterSoccer on TVSoccer America Classifieds
Paul Gardner: SoccerTalkSoccer America ConfidentialYouth Soccer InsiderWorld Cup Watch
RSS FeedsArchivesManage SubscriptionsSubscribe
Order Current IssueSubscribeManage My SubscriptionRenew My SubscriptionGift Subscription
My AccountJoin Now
Tournament CalendarCamps & AcademiesSoccer GlossaryClassifieds
Ronaldo Angrily Declines Interview Requests
AFP, June 17th, 2014 12:19PM

MOST READ
TAGS:  cristiano ronaldo, germany, portugal, world cup 2014

MOST COMMENTED

Cristiano Ronaldo stormed past reporters on Monday after Germany easily brushed aside Portugal, winning 4-0 in Salvador. The 29-year-old Portugal captain lasted the full 90 minutes of the Group G clash despite recent injuries, though he was unable to score in five shots. The loss was Ronaldo’s fourth to Germany at a major tournament.

"Three players are down to talk to the media and I am not one of them," Ronaldo said, brushing off requests for mixed zone interviews at Salvador's Arena Fonte Nova. Prior to the game, Ronaldo gave another testy response when he was asked if his World Cup record was the only blot on his career. "I don't think I have to show anyone anything. If you look at my statistics and CV you'll see that," he said. "I have no words for that question, I just have to continue my career, which has been great so far."

Portugal next plays the USA on June 22 and 2010 World Cup quarterfinalist Ghana on June 26.

Read the original story...


No comments yet.

Sign in to leave a comment. Don't have an account? Join Now




AUTHORS

ARCHIVES
FOLLOW SOCCERAMERICA

Recent Section 2 Around the Net
Orlando City Signs Shea     
New MLS club Orlando City on Friday announced the signing of U.S. national team midfielder Brek ...
Report: Juve Eyes January Move for Falcao     
According to Italian soccer site Calciomercato, Manchester United may consider getting second-choice striker Radamel Falcao's huge ...
Reus Fined $665K for Driving without a License    
Borussia Dortmund forward Marco Reus has been handed one of the biggest driving fines in German ...
Balotelli Receives One-Game Ban, Fine for Instagram Post    
Mario Balotelli received a one game ban and a fine of 25,000 pounds after being found ...
Robbie Rogers: FIFA 'Insane' to Host World Cup in Russia, Qatar    
LA Galaxy left back Robbie Rogers has spoken out about FIFA's decision to stage the next ...
FIFA to Publish World Cup Corruption Report    
FIFA's executive committee on Friday agreed unanimously to publish Michael Garcia's report into the bidding process ...
FIFA: Qatar Needs Labor Reform to Keep 2022 World Cup    
FIFA executive committee member Theo Zwanziger on Tuesday indicated that 2022 World Cup host Qatar must ...
CWC: Auckland City the 'Winner,' but San Lorenzo Progresses     
Real Madrid's will face San Lorenzo of Argentina in Saturday's Club World Cup final after the ...
Di Maria Beats Messi, Aguero to Argentina's Player of the Year    
Manchester United winger Angel Di Maria has beaten Lionel Messi and Sergio Aguero to Argentina's player ...
League Cup: Rodgers Defends Sterling as Reds March On     
Following Liverpool's 3-1 League Cup quarterfinal win at Bournemouth, Coach Brendan Rodgers defended two-goal hero Raheem ...
>> Section 2 Around the Net Archives