[WORLD CUP COMMERCIALS] Every winter, the topic of conversation becomes the Super Bowl and the new advertising campaigns around the game. But it turns out, they have nothing on World Cup ads, which people around the world have already spent 1.2 billion minutes watching -- four times as many minutes as they spent watching 2014 Super Bowl ads. For the 10 top most-watched World Cup ads.
Of note about the ad campaigns (via MediaPost's Laurie Sullivan):
-- YouTube World Cup ads were three minutes on average vs. one minute for Super Bowl ads.
-- YouTube channel subscribers have increased 18 percent via the top-10 watched ads.
Top five views by country:
1. Brazil61 million;
2. USA 57 million;
3. Mexico 50 million;
4. United Kingdom 27 million;
5. Colombia23 million.
Note:Viewing figures as of Thursday afternoon.
1. Activia, La La La (Brazil), 137 million
2. Nike, Winners Stars, 80 million
3. Samsung, The Training, 54 million
4. Nike, The Last Game, 49 million
5. adidas, The Dream: all in or nothing, 35 million
6. Itau, Mosta tua força Brasil, 17 million
7. adidas, House Match, 16 million
8. Castrol, Neymar Jr. v Ken Block, 15.5 million
9. Nike, Risk Everything, 15.3 million
10. Beats By Dre (Now owned by Apple), The Game Before the Game, 17.2 millions