The Carlos Tevez transfer saga is headed for court -- though not the court FIFA had in mind following its decision earlier on Tuesday. In a meeting between FIFA, English Football Association and Premier League officials, the representatives from soccer's world governing body said the Tevez affair would be better handled by the Court of Arbitration for Sport Switzerland. "It is not a refusal by FIFA to get involved, quite the contrary," FIFA spokesman Andreas Herren said, stressing that the decision was a recommendation, not a mandate. However, he pointed out that a federal hearing would likely be the fastest way of settling the matter -- which is in the interest of all parties involved since the Premier League season already begins on Aug. 11.
agent Kia Joorabchian, who is at the heart of the dispute, has instigated High Court proceedings in Britain against West Ham United over the Tevez transfer affair. While Manchester United is keen to
sign Tevez, the suit does not directly involve the Old Trafford club. Rather, it's between Joorabchian, and West Ham United, the Argentine striker's current employer, backed by the English Premier
League, over the destination of a transfer fee. Joorabchian claims full ownership of Tevez's economic rights and is thus entitled to receive Manchester United's fee, while West Ham and the EPL
believe that the contract guaranteeing those economic rights was ripped up at the end of last season when the league found West Ham guilty of breaching its rules in signing a player owned by a
third party. The EPL states that West Ham, and not Joorabchian, must receive the payment to be in compliance with its transfer rules. Either way, Man United should get its man when all is said and
done. Read the original story...