Real Madrid sporting director Pedrag Mijatovic revealed that David Beckham will not be leaving the Bernabeu prior to the expiration of his contract, which ends June 30, under any circumstances. Speculation in the media suggested the L.A. Galaxy might try to buyout the remainder of his contract, or Real might loan the player to the Los Angeles club for the rest of the season.
still has six months of his contract left and he has to complete them," Mijatovic said, but he wouldn't say whether or not the former England captain would play again for the Madrid club. That
decision he said rests with Capello, who the media suggested had softened his view about Beckham. Apparently the Italian was impressed with the way Beckham hit back at President Ramon Calderon for his
damning comments last week; he has repeatedly said he admires the player's professionalism and work ethic.
Even so, it looks as though Madrid will continue to stick with younger players like
Fernando Gago, Gonzalo Higuain and Miguel Torres, who have helped the Madrid club win 2 and draw 2 of their last four games in all competitions. "I think these youngsters have the edge over ones who
have been here a few years because they are the future of the club," Mijatovic said. Read the original story...