AC Milan Vice President Adriano Galliani is stunned to be playing Barcelona yet again, while confirming that the club has not yet decided on the future of Brazilian duo
Robinho and Alexandre Pato. The Rossoneri squared off against Barca in both the group stage and the quarterfinals of last year’s UEFA Champions League, and have
now been drawn against the Catalan giant again in the round of 16 in February.
“It’s incredible, we’ll be playing them six times in just over a year,” Galliani said. “Barcelona were assigned to us because the other teams could not face each other, so we were the default option. Barcelona play the best soccer in the world with the best players in the world. We’ll try and last season we made a good impression."
The Italian also said he would fly out to Brazil this weekend to negotiate the futures of Robinho and Pato, who both wish to move back to Brazil. Robinho wants to move to Santos, while Pato wants to move to reigning South America and world champion Corinthians. “We won’t sign any more strikers, even if one of the current roster leaves,” he said. “If both of them go, then we’ll see what we will do.” The Brazilian transfer season ends on April 15, so there is still time to sort out their futures, Galliani noted.