AC Milan is still in talks to bring Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli and Real Madrid playmaker Kaka to the San Siro before the end of the January transfer
window. According to The Guardian, City wants just under $50 million for 22-year-old Balotelli, a price which Milan Vice President Adriano Galliani has said is impossible,
though the Serie A giant would entertain a lower price, which The Guardian believes to be closer to $38 million.
However, on Monday, Balotelli’s agent, Mino Raiola, denied that talks were ongoing. "Manchester City won't sell Mario, let alone loan. There are zero chances he moves. But until January 31st, who knows,” Raiola told Italian radio station GR Parlamento.
Kaka, meanwhile, would have to take a 50 percent pay-cut if he is to secure a loan move from Real Madrid, according to reports. La Gazzetta dello Sport believes that Milan and Real have agreed to a 24-month loan for the 30-year-old, but now the player needs to agree to cut his $14 million salary in half.
Balotelli and Kaka are two examples of players on exorbitant salaries that would command massive transfer fees despite the little action they’ve received on the field. Balotelli was an unused substitute during Man City’s 2-0 win at home to Fulham this weekend, while Kaka was suspended for Real’s 5-0 romp away to Valencia. Both players have started fewer than 10 games so far this season.