currently has a job opening for someone interested in the position of Associate Editor working primarily on SoccerAmerica.com. This will be one of several positions to
be created in connection with the expansion of SoccerAmerica.com over the next few months. If you are interested in applying for this position, please contact Managing Editor Paul Kennedy by Feb.
Position: Regular, Full-Time Department: Editorial Location: Berkeley, Calif. Job Requirements:
The ideal candidate will have an interest in
Internet publishing, a passion for soccer and broad knowledge of the game. Among the qualities this candidate will have are:
- Creativity in writing and editing;
- Strong planning skills;
- Strong copy editing skills (including headline and cutline writing and rewriting on deadline);
- Excellent editorial judgment;
- Three or more years of journalism experience (deadline experience preferred);
- Excellent computer skills.
Job Description: The Associate Editor will be responsible for
aspects of the editorial planning and production of socceramerica.com, including:
- Developing coverage plans,
- Working with a staff of writers and free-lance contributors assigning
stories and editing them on deadline;
- Pulling photos, writing headlines and cutlines;
- Rewriting on deadline;
- Writing stories as assigned;
- Developing and working on
- Maintaining home page and other sections on a daily basis.
To apply: Write Soccer America, Associate Editor Search, PO Box 23704, Oakland
CA 94623 or e-mail text (no attachments or urls) to email@example.com.