Magic and Freedom top SYL rankings

The Chicago Magic (boys) and Washington Freedom (girls) have been named the top clubs in the annual Super Y-League First and Second 11 club rankings for the 2008 regular season.

The rankings recognize the league's top clubs on a competitive and administrative basis. The release of the list precedes the 10th Annual Super Y-League North American Finals, which begin Nov. 21 in Tampa.

The extensive growth of the USL Super-20 League in the past three seasons has led to the inclusion of the under-20 league in the ranking process. The rankings are based primarily upon the on-field results. Winning percentage accounts for 70 percent of the score while minimum standards and operations complete the other 30 percent.

Complete Super Y-League Rankings

FIRST XI BOYS
1 Chicago Magic
2 Mountain WFC
3 Red Bull New York
4 Toronto Lynx Jrs.
5 Kalamazoo Kingdom
6 Northern Virginia Royals
7 Juventus Sport Club
8 Abbotsford Mariners
9 HC United
10 PDA
11 Richmond Kickers

FIRST XI GIRLS
1 Washington Freedom
2 Cleveland Internationals
3 MPS Boston
4 CASL Railhawks
5 Coastal WFC
6 Kendall SC
7 Mountain WFC
8 Kalamazoo Kingdom
9 Chicago Magic
10 West Pines United
11 Ottawa Fury

Next story loading loading..