Celebration heard around the world

[VIDEO] Never thought Americans would go berserk over a soccer game? College student Ronny Donoho, whose passion is producing Ohio State and Purdue football highlight tapes, compiled this remarkable video, capturing the excitement Landon Donovan's winning goal against Algeria generated. From Boston and New York to Las Vegas and Long Beach, Calif., and points in between like Covington, Ky., and Springfield, Mo., watch as U.S. fans celebrate. Our favorites: the two solitary fans, "some dude in Arkansas" and "I really don't know." Maybe you'll see yourself somewhere (scroll down) ...

7 comments about "Celebration heard around the world".
  1. Rafael Garay, June 25, 2010 at 6:45 p.m.

just beautiful!!!! let's make it a lot more exciting this Saturday

2. Larry Conley, June 25, 2010 at 7:30 p.m.

With sixty seconds' worth of distance run - thwirs is the Earth and everything that is in it.

Keep on believing; Keep on achieving.

3. Larry Conley, June 25, 2010 at 7:32 p.m.

Landon Donovan is coming on fast as the lion-hearted leader of this team. If they can fill the unforgiving minute With sixty seconds' worth of distance run - theirs is the Earth and everything that is in it.

Keep on believing; Keep on achieving. For the first time in history, Team USA has a real chance to triumph.

4. Valerie Metzler, June 25, 2010 at 8:50 p.m.

I had to work but my son texted me updates as the match progressed. I got chills when he told me we'd won but I sure wished that I had had someone to cheer with. Cheering would have been frowned upon in the archives where I was working...

5. Gus Keri, June 25, 2010 at 8:57 p.m.

I was like that "some dude from Arkansas" But I jumped higher. I felt the floor is giving away underneath my feet.

6. Gil Ramirez, June 25, 2010 at 10:26 p.m.

I was the lonely guy "almost yelling" from my cube "Gooooaaalll, USA winnnsss!!!", jumping over the desk to tell my Liberian friend "The US scores, We win!". I say almost because although good sports, the people around were not too interested, and also because I was sure they would win. They almost gave us a heart attack though. They cannot afford missing so many chances in the next round. Great for Landon!

7. Alex Lozano, June 25, 2010 at 10:26 p.m.

FANTASTIC...still brings goosebumps watching it & NEVER gets old, even after seeing it a million times in the last two days!!