Cairo giant Al Ahly plans to boycott domestic soccer in the wake of the decision by the Egyptian soccer federation (EFA) to suspend al-Masry for two years. Ahly believes the ban to be too lenient
for a club that hosted the league match where over 70 fans died last month.
Egypt's league was canceled in the aftermath of the Port Said disaster, with the 2012-13 season set to get underway in August.
Officials at Ahly also plan to sue al-Masry through the civil courts for failing to provide security at the Feb 1 game.
"We have decided not to participate nor contribute in any activity organized by this temporary committee managing the federation," Ahly board member Khaled Mortagy told BBC Sport. "We believe that this was nor a fair nor just decision and we have refused these decisions completely."