According to the Guardian, the now infamous brawl that was caught on camera between Mario Balotelli and Roberto Mancini on Jan. 3 really was the final
straw in their relationship. Ever since that incident, the paper reports, City had been privately shopping around the volatile 22-year-old around, while publicly denying that he was for sale so as to
not depress his final price.
On Jan 3 at City’s Carrington training ground, Mancini’s patience with Balotelli finally ran out after he made a dangerous challenge on Scott Sinclair. A series of photographs shows the pair grappling one another. The report claims that while Mancini dismissed the incident and said he would give his fellow Italian “100 more chances,” he was really trying not to advertise to the whole world that Balotelli was for sale in order to keep the striker’s price from falling. Behind the scenes, all the relevant people have been working on his transfer for more than two weeks.
The Italy international is currently in Milan undergoing a medical before the transfer goes through for a reported $30 million. "I'd wanted to play for Milan for such a long time," Balotelli said. "Obviously I played for other teams and couldn't come. But when there was the chance, I ran ... I didn't have a good start to the season with City and I hope to do well here at Milan.”