Q&A with the SA Editors: Aug. 30, 1999

Bob Carmona Stratford, Conn. Where can I get a book, or listing, of college women's soccer Division I All-Americans from say 1977 to 1985 as well as national tournament results for the same years? Mike Woitalla: Bob, don't waste your time hunting for NCAA women's soccer information before 1982, because that's the first year that the NCAA sponsored a women's championship. For information since 1982, when the North Carolina Tar Heels carried off the first NCAA trophy, contact the NCAA itself. The organization creates several publications, including "The Official 1999 NCAA Soccer Records Book." You can reach the NCAA at 317-237-2923, or go to its website (www.ncaa.org). The NSCAA (National Soccer Coaches Association of America) is your source for All-Americans. Its website (www.nscaa.com) has last year's teams. I was also told that beginning later this year, it will be adding archives to its All-American section, but it may take awhile before all the years' teams appear. You can reach the NSCAA at: 1-800-458-0678.
Next story loading loading..