British tabloid The Sun claims that Jose Mourinho signed a four-year deal worth more than $60 million to return to Stamford Bridge as head coach of Chelsea on Tuesday
night. The Portuguese had been spotted at the Championship playoff final between Crystal Palace and Watford at Wembley on Monday, but The Sun says that that was just a cover story so he could
finally sign the long-rumored deal. Mourinho, who won six trophies in three seasons at Chelsea, is expected to be officially unveiled next week, after his final game with Real Madrid at home to
Osasuna this weekend.
On hearing news of his return to Chelsea, Barcelona vice president Carles Vilarrubi launched another scathing attack on the man known as the ‘Special One,’ warning Blues management that Mourinho’s second spell would be “a disaster.”
"If he behaves like he did in Spain it will only be an unhappy relationship. A disaster. And at his age he is not going to change," Vilarrubi told the Telegraph. "My position is not because he was the coach of a rival, but because of who he is and what he did," he added. “Apart from his aggression to the coach of Barca, the ambience he creates everywhere he goes, the relations with the players, with the press are absolutely terrible. I am happy that he is leaving. And so is everyone in Spanish soccer."