What We're Reading

Reports: Fernandinho off to Man City

  • Telegraph, Wednesday, June 5, 2013 12:37 PM

A day after signing Jesus Navas from Sevilla, the Telegraph reports that Manchester City is about to make its second big capture of the summer in Shakhtar Donetsk midfielder Fernandinho. The Brazilian for months made it clear that he wished to join City; according to reports, the 28-year-old is now in Manchester completing a medical after a $52 million fee was agreed.

Earlier this month, the player expressed his concern that a deal might not come through due to the $65 million buyout clause in his contract. “The day I signed, the club’s director guaranteed me that was normal with his players, and that in a transfer, we could negotiate and reach an agreement on the price,” Fernandinho said. “I trusted them, and I didn’t think about the consequences it would bring me in the future. My dream is being threatened because of the high valuation.”

Fernandinho has repeatedly said his dream is to play for Brazil in next year’s World Cup. He believes that going to City will increase his chances.

Read the whole story at Telegraph »

Next story loading loading..