What We're Reading

Barca to United: Fabregas Not for Sale

Barcelona vice president Josep Maria Bartomeu has told Manchester United that Cesc Fabregas is not for sale. Earlier this week, the Red Devils tabled a bid for the former Arsenal captain as David Moyes looks to strengthen his squad. However, Bartomeu says the La Liga champion will not listen to any offers for the 26-year-old Spain international.

"Barcelona can assure you we will not entertain any offers for Cesc," Bartomeu told Sport. "It is totally ruled out, he's not for sale." Bartomeu’s stance echoes what head coach Tito Vilanova said on Tuesday: "It's normal to receive offers for our players from other teams. We have very good players, and we have to be very happy to have Cesc with us.” The Barca coach added that Fabregas told him he has no wish to leave: “I am conscious that he has received offers for other teams, but I had a conversation with him and he let me know that we wanted to stay here, and his dream is to be successful here.”

Regarding the offer for Fabregas, Moyes said: "I couldn't tell you exactly where we are with that, but I will hopefully know a little bit more in the next day. I might have a little bit more information about how it's going." United CEO Ed Woodward had left the club’s preseason tour ahead of schedule on Wednesday in order to carry out urgent transfer business, which was understood to involve a player arriving at Old Trafford.

Read the whole story at Sky Sports »

Next story loading loading..