MLS Business: Univision will air games on Facebook

Univision Deportes, which recently began airing Liga MX games in English on Facebook, will carry at least 22 MLS games it is airing on its Spanish-language networks on the Univision Deportes Facebook page.

At least 22 matches during the 2017 MLS regular season that are being broadcast on Univision networks in Spanish will now be available in the U.S. for live streaming in English via the Univision Deportes Facebook page.

The live matches will feature Facebook-specific commentators, interactive graphics and fan Q&A and polling features allowing viewers to engage directly with commentators throughout matches.

The first MLS match to be streamed on Facebook: Atlanta United-Chicago Fire on March 18 at 4:00 p.m. ET.

Additionally, MLS will now produce 40 exclusive “Matchday Live” shows on Facebook on MLS game days with highlights and analysis from around the league and a preview of the day’s upcoming matches.

Univision's move underscores the reach of Facebook but also the importance of its targeting English-language Hispanic fans and reaching a millennial English-dominant audience. Univision has struggled recently with a changing demographic as younger Latino-Americans are less inclined to watch Univision programming -- and television in general.

6 comments about "MLS Business: Univision will air games on Facebook".
  1. Quarterback TD, March 10, 2017 at 7:06 p.m.

Yippi!!! Another app that will have Soccer how much granular can this nonsense get ?? BeIN, Fox2Go, Fox Sports, NBC Sports, Facebook, Univision.. and a bunch more on the way..

2. Fire Paul Gardner Now replied, March 12, 2017 at 11:10 a.m.

Lol, get your off lawn right?

3. Nick Daverese, March 10, 2017 at 11:59 p.m.

I guess I will miss those as I am not on Facebook or twitter. I have had a cell phone since it was invented when they were a foot long. I even hired two guys to carry the two suitcases that held the batteries for it before that :) that's a very old joke.

Any way I hardly ever use a cell phone either. Very rare oh I never accept a call to it. Might make a call, but never take a call from it. Haha generally I don't like gizmo's.

I did like the hot lather machine when I shaved. I bought the ones the barber used from a barber because I liked it. Even shave with a straight razor.my friends father was a barber when I was a kid. His son learned to use one put shaving cream on a balloon he taught me. Burt Lancaster used to go to his father's barber shop before he became an actor.

4. Fire Paul Gardner Now replied, March 12, 2017 at 11:11 a.m.

Just a guess but I'm thinking this is geared more towards the younger crowd, not people who proudly proclaim they don't have facebook.

5. nathan dwyer, March 11, 2017 at 1:13 a.m.

Thanks for sharing this best stuff with us! Keep sharing! I am new in the blog writing.All types blogs and posts are not helpful for the readers.Here the author is giving good thoughts and suggestions to each and every readers through this article.Quality of the content is the main element of the blog and this is the way of writing and presenting.Waiting for again wonderful blogs or posts.Free to surf http://rospher.com

6. Nick Daverese, March 12, 2017 at 4:12 p.m.

Say something on Facebook people read it next thing you know you get arrested. :)