What They're Saying: Tim Howard

"A lot's been written about my timetable, but nobody called me or my surgeon. There were a lot of assumptions, but I was always focused on my 16 weeks that passed last Wednesday."

-- Colorado Rapids goalkeeper Tim Howard, after he played his first game since being injured in the USA-Mexico qualifier on Nov. 11. A strong performance in a 1-0 loss to the New York Red Bulls puts Howard in consideration for a call-up for the USA's upcoming matches against Honduras and Panama. (ESPN FC)
8 comments about "What They're Saying: Tim Howard".
  1. Nick Daverese, March 13, 2017 at 4:33 a.m.

Howard played a very good from watching the game highlights.

When I first saw Howard play I was not sure he was going to make it. He never threw on his distributions and he had that pronounced eye twitch. I thought he could lose the ball because he did it a lot. I know Manchester United helped him with his throwing distributions.

2. Fire Paul Gardner Now, March 13, 2017 at 1:06 p.m.

Colorado could have lost 3-0 or 4-0 without Timmy making some good saves. Glad to see him back and I'm hoping we see him in goal in the upcoming WCQs.

3. Nick Daverese, March 13, 2017 at 1:30 p.m.

I already posted he played a good game. I saw the game highlights. Hey lets fire Paul Gardener :)

4. Fire Paul Gardner Now replied, March 13, 2017 at 1:33 p.m.

Oh I guess no one else should post that he had a good game then? And yes, let's do that and replace him with a columnist who actually has something thoughtful to contribute to the discussion.

5. Nick Daverese, March 13, 2017 at 7:04 p.m.

No,offense but your mind works like a child's mind.

6. Fire Paul Gardner Now replied, March 14, 2017 at 12:16 p.m.

Please elaborate.

7. Nick Daverese, March 14, 2017 at 3:27 p.m.

Because people with simple brains just don't get it and needed everything spelled out for them.

8. Fire Paul Gardner Now replied, March 14, 2017 at 3:57 p.m.

What don't I get and what did you have to spell out for me? My original comment wasn't in response to yours and I was just posting that Howard had a good game. I was there and saw it myself!