NASL: Cosmos games to air on MSG Networks

MSG Networks, whose lineup includes MLS’s Red Bulls, NBA’s Knicks, the NHL’s Rangers, Devils, Islanders and Sabres, will broadcast 13 New York Cosmos games during the Spring Season.

"MSG Networks is proud to be the regional home of Cosmos soccer,” said MSG Network vice president Armando Polanco. "It's a new era for the legendary American club and we are excited to watch the Cosmos defend their NASL title."

MSG’s coverage will launch with the Cosmos April 8 game at Miami FC. The Cosmos April 1 home opener, also against Miami FC, will air on WPIX, Channel 11, marking the first time the a game by the new NASL’s Cosmos will air live on broadcast television

"Television is a critically important piece to building and sustaining a successful professional sports brand,” said Cosmos’ Chief Operating Officer Erik Stover. “With WPIX and MSG, we have found two exceptional partners to help bring the fun and excitement of Cosmos’ games to millions of homes in the New York metropolitan area.”

In addition to the regional coverage, some Cosmos games will air on the national television. The NASL is expected to announce its national television deal next week.

Last season, Cosmos games aired on ONE World Sports.

The New York Cosmos 2017 Spring Regional Television Schedule

6 comments about "NASL: Cosmos games to air on MSG Networks ".
  1. Quarterback TD, March 17, 2017 at 8:15 a.m.

Both NASL and USL have really good soccer even more entertaining than MLS..The one media that COSMOS should address is internet media. My son friends come over to watch English Premier League game and most ignore the television and watch it on their phones.. they say they prefer it because the headphones are noise reducing and they like the experience better.. go figure

2. Gus Keri, March 17, 2017 at 6:24 p.m.

They did have internet broadcasting last season. They used One World website. I watched some of their games on the internet. And I think MSG might also use the net. Let's wait and see.

3. Nick Daverese, March 20, 2017 at 6:49 a.m.

If you live in NYC I will tell you it is a lot more fun to watch a game in a stadium then it is to watch a game on tv. Plus you don't have to subject yourself to announcers who think they have to dumb the game down to keep new fans interested. Plus there is plenty to do near MCI stadium. Again a block from the Stadium there is Gargiulo's Italian Restaurant food is great service is great, just no Italian music while you eat the place is very big. You can talk about the game their no one will bother you. Don't use bad language a lot of priest, Monsignors, bishops even the Cardinal might show up to eat there. Say hello they all like to talk. You have the rides right outside the stadium you even have Nathan's.

Plus they know how to entaintain the little kids befor and at the half. Plus the meet and greets with the players are very good. Plus they have there dancers sometimes their in the aisles talking to the fans.

You can't get that on tv.

4. Fire Paul Gardner Now replied, March 20, 2017 at 9:46 a.m.

Is that your restaurant? Clever attempt at marketing but surely one that SA should not permit. In any event, Cosmos games draw tiny crowds so I don't think you should expect much of an uptick in business on game days.

5. Nick Daverese, March 20, 2017 at 10:49 a.m.

No actually I don't but they just remodeled due to Sandy. I do go there a lot I might go even more now. Generally I like smaller more intimate places like Rao's on pleasant Ave in Manhttan. You can meet good people. You can sing with other patrons the lemon chicken is great the meat balls are unbelievable as big as soft balls place is famous for that. But don't worry you will never get a table but you can have a great time at the bar. I have been going their since the 60s. My friend who runs the place just passed a way I am going to miss him Frankie Pellegrino part time actor, part time singer great entertainer. One thing I hate about getting older your friends start to disappear.

6. Fire Paul Gardner Now replied, March 20, 2017 at 12:29 p.m.

Interesting, I will check it out some time.