Podolski considers suing Breitbart

German World Cup winner Lukas Podolski  is considering legal action after a right-wing website printed a photo of him with an article about illegal immigration. The former Arsenal striker who now plays for Japanese club Vissel Kobe, was pictured by Breitbart under the headline: "Spanish Police Crack Gang Moving Migrants on Jet-Skis."

Breitbart updated the story with a new picture and said: "There is no evidence Mr Podolski is either a migrant gang member, nor being human trafficked. We wish Mr Podolski well in his recently announced international retirement."

Podolski has asked his lawyer to look into the case.

The photo was taken during a 2014 German national team training camp in Brazil shortly before the Germany won the 2014 World Cup.

Read the whole story at BBC Sport »

7 comments about "Podolski considers suing Breitbart".
  1. frank schoon, August 21, 2017 at 6:47 p.m.

I wonder if SA would have described The New York Times a left wing newspaper if they made the mistake.

2. Travis Smith, August 21, 2017 at 7:24 p.m.

Did you just compare Breitbart to the NYT?

3. Rusty Welch replied, August 23, 2017 at 11:07 a.m.

Travis - you're right. The NYT is much worse (although BB not far behind). At least BB, unlike the NYT, didn't tell the terrorists how we track their money (like the NYT did), or how we were tracking them down overseas by using their cell phones (NYT did).
    How about you go fight for your country overseas, then have an AMERICAN publication give out information on your tactics and methods WHILE YOU'RE TRYING TO FIGHT THEM - because that's what we had to deal with.
    Get a grip on reality, sir.

4. frank schoon, August 21, 2017 at 8:29 p.m.

Travis, you obviously miss my point. My point is what difference does it make what the political slant of the news source is for obviously mistakes made occurs in reporting news happens in all news media outlets, regardless of the political leanings. As far as the NYT goes ,maybe I should have picked a more reputable outlet, sorry for that!

5. Nick Daverese, August 22, 2017 at 4:49 a.m.

I never sued anyone in my whole life. The closest I came was there was a guy who owed me money. Instead of making a new deal to pay me what he oued he gets mad and says why don't you take me to court. I could not believe it so I just took something from him and said you won't get it back until you paid me the money he oued me. I guess he knew he had to get it fast he borrowed it from his father I got it that night. Then I gave him back his ear.

6. don Lamb replied, August 22, 2017 at 11:03 a.m.

Deep Thoughts, by Nick D.

7. HARRY SCOTT, August 26, 2017 at 2:08 a.m.

I am MR. HARRY (mrharryscottloancompany@gmail.com) certified loan lender, I offer loan to individual and public sector that are in need of financial Assistance in a low interest rate of 2%. Bad credit acceptable, The Terms and Conditions are very simple and considerate. You will never regret anything in this loan transaction because I will make you smile. Our company has recorded a lot of breakthroughs in the provision of first class financial services to our clients, especially in the area of Loan syndication and capital provision for individuals and companies. We have brought ailing industries back to life and we back good business ideas by providing funds for their upstart. We have a network of Investors that are willing to provide funds of whatever amount to individuals and organizations to start business and operations. I want you to understand the fact that I MR HARRY is out to help the less financial privilege get back on track by providing all type of loans to them (E.G) mortgages, home loans business loans and bad credit loans commercial loans, start-up working capital loans, construction loans, car loans, hotel loans, and student loans, personal loans, Debts Consolidation Loans, what are you waiting for asap why don’t you try. MR HARRY Loan home and be free from debts any interested.

Contact us via mrharryscottloancompany@gmail.com,