What They're Saying: Michael Bradley

"One of the recent [sayings] that I’ve seen that I like is, ‘The lion doesn’t care about the opinion of the sheep.’ I’ll leave it at that. It’s pretty fitting.”

-- U.S. national team captain Michael Bradley with his reaction to Fox Sports commentator Alexi Lalas' comments critical of the national team performance and particular players following the recent World Cup qualifiers. (SportsNet)
6 comments about "What They're Saying: Michael Bradley".
  1. Wooden Ships, September 14, 2017 at 1:37 p.m.

I remember another old saying, Don't lay eggs in eggs in October. It too is fitting.

2. Ric Fonseca, September 14, 2017 at 3:35 p.m.

What??? AL should not talk so much about "getting off my lawn..." But, what's this about eggs in October? Whattayawant, scrambled or huevos rancheros?

3. Wooden Ships replied, September 14, 2017 at 8:36 p.m.

One to many eggs in my old saying. Point is, don't worry about others and concentrate on getting to Russia. I like all egg preps, except those in cans-C rats, I know you know Ric. Yuck.

4. Footballer Forever, September 14, 2017 at 11:59 p.m.

Sheeps compared to Lalas? How insulting to sheeps! Alexis Lalas is more appropiately comparee to a Maggot.

5. Forever Blue, September 15, 2017 at 10:29 a.m.

So Bradley's now quoting Zlatan?

6. Ginger Peeler, September 16, 2017 at 12:45 p.m.

Okay guys, I'm a little late to the party. I watched the Lalas "rant". I took it more as a, "Come on guys, get your act together!", moment. I watched that game, too, and the team couldn't seem to "click" as they usually do. Couldn't get it out of gear, so to speak. I didn't find Lalas offensive, even though he singled out players, except for his comment on Pulisic. Growing up with my dad in the Air Force, there were occasions when my dad would say, "Straighten up and fly right." Essentially, that's what Lalas was saying.