What They're Saying: Jozy Altidore

"I dont even have any tattoos."

-- Jozy Altidore, in response to Alexi Lalas, who referred to U.S. national team players as "soft, underperforming, tattooed millionaires." (@JozyAltidore via Twitter)
7 comments about "What They're Saying: Jozy Altidore".
  1. ROBERT BOND, September 14, 2017 at 9:48 a.m.

so all he needs to make the comment accurate---a tatoo......

2. Fanfor soccer replied, September 14, 2017 at 2:51 p.m.

Robert I like your comment. As for this team if I were any of them I would keep quiet until they have either qualified or have been eliminated from the World Cup.

They have many things to lament about and little to brag about.

3. Ric Fonseca, September 14, 2017 at 3:40 p.m.

Hey Senores, I don't think the USMNT is bragging now, and if anyone knows just what the hell hit them 'tween the eyes, it's them. Also, unless Lalas ever, and I mean E-V-E-R coached a team, ANY team at ANY level, he'd be more tempered with his remarks. Jeez, talk about millionaires, really Lalas? I'd sure like to know just how much YOU are getting paid for being the "color" guy of the broadcasts you work on. Methinks that you're on the road to millions, just like that other English and or Argentine guy that works with you.

4. R2 Dad replied, September 14, 2017 at 9:31 p.m.

"color" guy? More like "annoying" guy....

5. Forever Blue, September 15, 2017 at 10:43 a.m.

He said what a lot of people were thinking.
    Now should he have said it? Maybe not. But to your point that's what he gets paid for.

6. Andrew Kear, September 15, 2017 at 7:38 p.m.

When this awful qualifying round is finally over and the US qualifies maybe all this will be forgotten.

What a awful two years it has been.

7. Alfred Randall, September 18, 2017 at 11:22 a.m.

All of this talk would not be taking place if that referee had made the penalty call on Altidore.