Thanks, from everyone at SA on the outpouring of well wishes on our 50th year

Soccer America would like to thank all the well wishers who sent us notes of congratulations on the start this week of our 50th year of publishing.

In particular, we were touched by the outpouring of messages on Twitter about what SA meant to our readers in its magazine days and now in digital form. We share some of them here now.

We wish everyone the best during this season of Easter and Passover.

Stay safe!

9 comments about "Thanks, from everyone at SA on the outpouring of well wishes on our 50th year".
  1. Kent James, April 11, 2020 at 1:37 a.m.

I've been reading SA since I was in college (graduated 1984).  The highlight of my college career was being quoted in SA, which covered our (Swarthmore) rivalry with Haverford (unfortunately, we tied...we dominated but couldn't get the winner though Haverford may remember it differently...).  Bottom line is that SA taught me to love the game, and for that, I will forever be grateful.  Well done!

2. Jim Murphy, April 11, 2020 at 12:25 p.m.

Thank you for all you've done for US soccer fans. I actually contributed in a very small way back in the 90s. I wrote a few articles on a freelance basis, focused on TV ratings. Was working with Mike on that.

3. Luis Sagastume, April 11, 2020 at 1:08 p.m.

Soccer America has been the eyes and ears of American Soccer since the 70's. Loved seeing Clay and his lovely daughter Lynn at so many of our games. Thaks for being there!!!!

4. John Soares, April 11, 2020 at 3:45 p.m.

Some how I feel new at this...
    Only started in 84.
    Never the less.
    CONGRATULATIONS and THANK YOU!!!!

5. Jim Henderson, April 11, 2020 at 5:55 p.m.

Proud to have been a part of the early years as a contributor and even more proud to be a subscriber today. Congrats to Paul and all at SA. Keep up the good work. You have been and are a great voice for the sport.

6. Wooden Ships, April 11, 2020 at 7:30 p.m.

Congrats Soccer America. Soccer in St. Louis was covered as far back as the early 60's  y local newspapers. Can remember many a time when soccer with the NASL Stars and local high schools had front page coverage, Sports section. Once SA arrived we then had a national periodical to fill us in on the National skinny. Had it with me at home and during the school day.
    Thanks and keep on keeping on

7. Mike Prosser, April 11, 2020 at 7:34 p.m.

CONGRATS TO SA & all they have done to keeps soccer fans " in the know" about what's going on in soccer for 50 BIG ONES.
    NOW LETS GET GRANT WAHL WORKING AGAIN CAUSE HE IS TODAYS VOICE FOR TODAYS FAN.

8. Danny Sullivan, April 12, 2020 at 10:55 a.m.

Congratulations on 50 years of great coverage. Truly essential to the game in this country.

9. George Varsa, April 12, 2020 at 8:05 p.m.

congrats! I am a long-long time subscriber buy have not received an issue for about a year+  Did you stop publishing it ? I read you email issue religiously every day, Keep up the good work!