Watch: USA exit Futsal World Cup with loss to Serbia

A 7-0 loss to Serbia after falling to Argentina (11-0) and Iran (4-2) sent the USA home from the FIFA World Cup in Lithuania.

Round of 16 games take place Sept. 22, 23 and 24.

8 comments about "Watch: USA exit Futsal World Cup with loss to Serbia".
  1. R2 Dad, September 20, 2021 at 9:08 p.m.

So painful--couldn't even finish the highlites.

2. Alfred Randall, September 20, 2021 at 9:16 p.m.

Watched most of the 1st half vs Argentina and they looked so disorganized that I couldn't watch anymore as I knew what was coming.

3. Santiago 1314, September 20, 2021 at 11:30 p.m.

Cony, WHAT THE $@#%* was that.???.... 3 of the WORST Games I have EVER Seen ANY USA Team Play.!!!

4. humble 1, September 21, 2021 at 9:32 a.m.

Love futsal.  Too bad it is Little understood in USA in the soccer community, then run by USSF which has failed to distinguish itself in any way except with the ladies whom are all finished in our college system outside their scope.  Even in the club community they do not understand futsal is not futbol, not soccer, it is its own sport deserving of its own season and focus.  One of the largest youth clubs in my town of mega clubs has futsal as a suplemental practice during their season.  Until futsal gets a life of its own in the winter in the north and the hot summers in the south and USSF wakes from its slumber - it will exist only as exceptions - usually fueled by immigrants.

5. R2 Dad replied, September 21, 2021 at 3:04 p.m.

I always thought that the soccer community would have paid closer attention when the full-time futsal teams would regularly dominate teams 2-3 years older playing futsal during the winter break. I guess not.

6. frank schoon, September 21, 2021 at 1:21 p.m.

This game shows you why the US is not good in small spaces...We need Pickup soccer, BABY!!!

7. humble 1 replied, September 22, 2021 at 2:12 p.m.

++ Frank. I know of a regular weekend morning pickup game at a local private school that is K-12, funny thing is - they do not invite their kids - boys or girls - adults only. There is another weekly local game I know of, even has a former pro player that is helping launch mini-pitches in parks around town, but this weekly game is - adults only.  On Meet-up you can find weekly pick-up games - they are all - adults only.  Funny, no?  I grew up playing basketball, I am out of practice, but I can still play, and any evening I want to I know I can go find a hoops game, and no one would look at me sideways if I brought my son.  Soccer/Futsal - not.  Long way to go.  Let the kids play!

8. frank schoon replied, September 22, 2021 at 2:27 p.m.

Humble, I'm disappointed in these guys. I wonder if these are college guys who want to go out and feel the competitive urge ...I can definitely understand that ,they are probable single and still feeling their oats.
    But I'm sure there are pickup games that I played in Reston where once in a while a young kid would show up with his dad and I don't mean a 10year old. I remember Kurt Kuykendal who use to  be the goalie for the NY Cosmos come out at times with his young son perhaps 12years old and who later, btw, played for DC United.
    On Meet Up ,maybe a mention could be made to say, high school or junior high kids show up. Usually it will be a couple or so. Or On Meet Up make a category for all age ,within reason, to come out and play pick up