After playing in four MLS seasons and going to four MLS Cups, Jordan Morris is moving on. At least for the first half of … Read the whole story
This transfer is one of the most intriguing for young American players because it gives Aaronson the opportunity to play for a club that … Read the whole story
Norwich City, which leads the English Championship by seven points, exercised its option to recall Soto from Telstar. Read the whole story
A lot has changed for Pereira since he moved to Roanoke, Virginia, from Venezuela in 2015, thanking his family for "believing the American dream." Read the whole story
Lloyd, who went the distance in the 2021 opener, is vying to start on the U.S. Olympic team at the age of 39. Read the whole story
"[I] have this feeling of trust from him and that he's empowering every single player and has trust in every player that he puts out on the field. He doesn't care about age ... I appreciate
that as well. Until the 20 year olds are running past me -- then, we'll have another conversation."
-- U.S. national team defender Ali Krieger on head coach Vlatko Andonovski whom she described as "a breath of fresh air." Krieger, 36, did not dress for the USA's 4-0 win over Colombia but is expected to play in Friday's rematch. (Reuters)
1. Flexible start dates. Anywhere from April 24 to May 15.
2. Four divisions. Currently 31 teams (down from 35) are slated to play.
3. Playoffs in November. After 32-game regular season.
More reading: USL nearing historic first CBA with PA (The Athletic)
1. Matthew Hoppe's path to a historic Bundesliga first By Paul Tenorio (The Athletic)
2. How USMNT prospects adapt to life in Europe and what their clubs do to help (ESPN)
3. As Olympic qualifying approaches, what could the U-23 roster look like? By Brian Sciaretta (American Soccer Now)
The first four selections were all born outside the USA. Players from six different African countries went in the first round. Read the whole story